The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Some soft decisions I know, but it can't be coincidence that the Premier League clubs seem to lose a bit composure in these games? Nani v Real Madrid last season, Demichelis last night, the pen today.

Very rarely do you see players from those clubs do the things our's did in those games. Down to mentality?

Robben has an acre of space on the right, but instead cuts inside and walks into a wall of Arsenal players.

Such a one-trick pony it's ridiculous. How he's still effective is a mystery to me.

That one trick is wonderfully effective

But is it? He's cut on to his left and curled the ball towards the far post 3 times? 4 times? With no success. He hasn't really done anything else with the ball, hasn't found a teammate in the box, nothing. For all he looks menacing when he's skipping down the right with the ball, the outcome has been the same every bloody time.

Has done his fetal position thing when you go near him...That's about all in his locker the cunt.

Nice one, Bayern :thup:

Ozil has struggled so much lately, I can't explain it.

I thought he had a good first half in this game. Then they put him on the wing and expected him to do the Jonas role which he obviously wasn't going to do well

Guest hatem garrincha

Preferred Bayern under Heynckes tbh - bit more cut and thrust, and directness.

Same here. Hate all this Barca lite bollocks.

:lol: Me too

Nice one, Bayern :thup:

Ozil has struggled so much lately, I can't explain it.

Zero players making any decent runs.... at least when Walcott was injured Ramsey was making great runs for him to find earlier in the season.

A playmaker without team mates making runs is as pointless as a striker who can't finish.

Some soft decisions I know, but it can't be coincidence that the Premier League clubs seem to lose a bit composure in these games? Nani v Real Madrid last season, Demichelis last night, the pen today.

Very rarely do you see players from those clubs do the things our's did in those games. Down to mentality?

The England side love a sob story and somehow it seems to extend to their clubs, despite all the foreigners. Weird.

You might hate it, but its going to lead to another treble and Pep's 3rd CL triumph unless Messi and Neymar are able to do something by themselves and out-individual them.

Can't see anyone else getting close.

Hammered off Liverpool

Uninspiring draw with Man Utd

Creditable win over Liverpool

Creditable loss against Bayern

They react well to adversity this season. If they can continue to beat the chaff of the PL they can still make this season one that's remembered by a trophy - which I think they deserve.

Edit: having looked at their fixtures, they're fucked :lol: Go for the FA Cup, Wenger! :laugh:

You might hate it, but its going to lead to another treble and Pep's 3rd CL triumph unless Messi and Neymar are able to do something by themselves and out-individual them.

Can't see anyone else getting close.

Barca and now Bayern are utter tedium to watch. Only Mou has the power to cut through all that pansy pretty shit. :lol:

Guest VanBarduck

wow, their technique and execution speed is impressive

German engineering.

Guardiola kept that aspect of german football as well as the long ball, the rest has Barça written all over it.

The England side love a sob story and somehow it seems to extend to their clubs, despite all the foreigners. Weird.

Not sure I think it's got anything to do with the mentality as much as it is they're just facing sides better than they are - most of the reds aren't from aggression, they're from being unable to contain the opposition in their area over 180 minutes.

So that Ozil honeymoon has ended for Arsenal fans :lol:

Maybe don't let your fullback take a penalty

If the full back has a left foot like Alaba, I don't see the problem with it. Always shite when you miss a penalty, but can't blame the decision to let him take it.

I've seen him take really good pens before, just seems like with all that attacking talent they would let one of them take it.

Hammered off Liverpool

Uninspiring draw with Man Utd

Creditable win over Liverpool

Creditable loss against Bayern

They react well to adversity this season. If they can continue to beat the chaff of the PL they can still make this season one that's remembered by a trophy - which I think they deserve.

Edit: having looked at their fixtures, they're fucked :lol: Go for the FA Cup, Wenger! :laugh:

Too much money left rotting in the bank means a squad with not enough depth of quality to sustain challenging through the season.