Other clubs' transfers

TBG

As Spurs - how do you improve on the first team?

Some creative help for Eriksen and a pacy forward of the level of someone like Sanchez, trouble is the players that would improve them are highly unlikely to want to join them.

This is my point. Barkley can improve squad depth but that's about it. Can't think of anyone they could really sign, people rate that Seri fella highly.

And they would finished 5th max, it's not about how many goals you score but when you score them. Kane's importance to Spurs is far more than just the number he puts in the stats column.

That's kinda the point though. There isn't another "Kane" out there ready to just sit on the bench.

It sort of is about how many goals you score as well though

Not really. Aguero scored 20 in 31 last year which numbers wise is a pretty good season by most peoples standards, but none of it actually mattered and was probably one of his worse seasons performance wise.

Son probably would score 20+ goals for Spurs if Kane was out the whole season, but what would it mean for Spurs overall success as a team? probably not that much tbh.

What's Rose done wrong? Sounds like he just wants what a player of his ability should be earning.

I think your choice of words is useful. It's not that he is wrong, but that he's done wrong. The week before the season, he/his agent has/have gone to the Sun and vented. There's a lot of truth in what he says, but it looks shitty, particularly as some of what he says could be viewed as dissing a lot of his teammates.

He signed a new contract a year ago that ties him until 2021. Any suggestion that he's underpaid should be viewed with that in mind. There's absolutely no way on Earth that he's on 30Kpw. There's some suggestion that because he's been injured for so long that he might have missed out on a lot of bonuses, which is possible.

It all comes down to the same thing again. There are five English clubs with revenue that is at least 100M more than ours. We have a fair few players who are as good as or better than their counterparts at those clubs. If the market rate is set by Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Barca etc then sure, our players are underpaid. If you want the best footballers to be at the "best" clubs and paid "the going rate", then bully for you, just don't whinge about the CL or FFP etc etc. You just want different things from football than me.

What's Rose done wrong? Sounds like he just wants what a player of his ability should be earning.

I think your choice of words is useful. It's not that he is wrong, but that he's done wrong. The week before the season, he/his agent has/have gone to the Sun and vented. There's a lot of truth in what he says, but it looks shitty, particularly as some of what he says could be viewed as dissing a lot of his teammates.

He signed a new contract a year ago that ties him until 2021. Any suggestion that he's underpaid should be viewed with that in mind. There's absolutely no way on Earth that he's on 30Kpw. There's some suggestion that because he's been injured for so long that he might have missed out on a lot of bonuses, which is possible.

It all comes down to the same thing again. There are five English clubs with revenue that is at least 100M more than ours. We have a fair few players who are as good as or better than their counterparts at those clubs. If the market rate is set by Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Barca etc then sure, our players are underpaid. If you want the best footballers to be at the "best" clubs and paid "the going rate", then bully for you, just don't whinge about the CL or FFP etc etc. You just want different things from football than me.

I have no qualms about players going for the "going rate". You do it, I do it, everyone does. But I don't like how Rose has gone about things at all. Speaks a lot about him.

Just because you can't compete financially with the top clubs doesn't mean you can't spend money at all

Just because you can't compete financially with the top clubs doesn't mean you can't spend money at all

Not sure what your argument is. We already have the sixth highest wage bill, roughly in line with revenue. If you mean that we should be spending money on new players then sure, but we come up against the same problem - the players we would like to get to improve our team are players who the big guys want, and they blow us out of the water with the fees and wages they can afford. For example, we were supposedly on the verge of signing Juan Foyth, a young Argentinian centre-back. Then PSG got involved. Game over, and not for the first time.

Hopefully the new stadium will help us bridge the gap...eventually...but we still need to pay for it as well which clouds the issue. Levy was quoted a while back saying something like building the stadium will not affect squad development, but that just sounds like bullshit.