Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

He must have had about six wrongfully chalked off last year. Even more which were offside by the finest of margins. You do wonder, if a bit more had gone his way last season, we'd be looking at a different player now. Meh.

Amazing that a confidence player like Cisse has played shit since the summer and that debacle and when the club have been trying to peddle him ever since.

He was average the season before as well.

And still kept us up with average last minute goals.

Shola contributed to us getting seventh under Roeder with a little run of goals.

Good for him.

So what is your point?

The truth is after his amazing first half season Cisse has been abysmal, he had a small spell last season where he got a few goals and that certainly helped us stay up but on the whole he was shit, like he has been this season when given the chance.

When he doesn't score he offers nothing, he has scored a pathetic amount since the start of last season so what is the point in him playing? Because he "looks a threat"? :lol:

Amazing that a confidence player like Cisse has played shit since the summer and that debacle and when the club have been trying to peddle him ever since.

Shola contributed to us getting seventh under Roeder with a little run of goals.

Good for him.

So what is your point?

The truth is after his amazing first half season Cisse has been abysmal, he had a small spell last season where he got a few goals and that certainly helped us stay up but on the whole he was shit, like he has been this season when given the chance.

When he doesn't score he offers nothing, he has scored a pathetic amount since the start of last season so what is the point in him playing? Because he "looks a threat"? :lol:

Hush man, it's all that nasty wongas fault, they ruined the man and forced him to play in a living nightmare.

Good for him.

So what is your point?

My point was pretty evident in my original post. Undermining a confidence player isn't going to work well.

Plus, more than anything, as it stands he's our only striker with any of form first team football under his belt next season. But aye, fucking him off is a much better idea given our transfer record. We'll sign 3/4 strikers nee probs.

Good for him.

So what is your point?

My point was pretty evident in my original post. Undermining a confidence player isn't going to work well.

Plus, more than anything, as it stands he's our only striker with any of form first team football under his belt next season. But aye, fucking him off is a much better idea given our transfer record. We'll sign 3/4 strikers nee probs.

More excuses, maybe if he didn't kick off over a sponsorship deal he might have started the season with a full pre-season under his belt but then the hand full of games we made him played out wide already destroyed him right?

He is useless at the moment and has been for quite a while. I know we probably won't replace him but what is there to replace? A player whose only contribution is goal scoring but he isn't scoring goals?

Would rather give a youngster a chance or play 5 in midfield.

Good for him.

So what is your point?

More excuses, maybe if he didn't kick off over a sponsorship deal he might have started the season with a full pre-season under his belt but then the hand full of games we made him played out wide already destroyed him right?

He is useless at the moment and has been for quite a while. I know we probably won't replace him but what is there to replace? A player whose only contribution is goal scoring but he isn't scoring goals?

Would rather give a youngster a chance or play 5 in midfield.

When he wasn't trying to be flogged he did alreet, now he doesn't. I don't think it's coincidence.

Yes it's an excuse and he's been below par and fair do's you don't agree and would prefer us to start with no recognised strikers next season. To me, that's mental. I'd rather not myself.

Odd how 'excuses' about lack of service etc are not valid for Cisse, a player that has scored goals in this league, but are valid for De Jong, a player that has not. That's not intended as a defence of either btw, because Remy seems to be doing just fine. As was Ba.

Our big problem is we're so shit-scared of losing money that we won't buy full price strikers. Cisse's value dropping off a cliff won't help in this respect.

It's been going for nearly 2 seasons now, were we trying to flog him in summer 2012?

I would rather start next season with Gouffran up front, obviously we need more strikers but that doesn't mean we should persist with Cisse unless his form improves sharpish because he offers nothing.

cisse should start against CP, perfect chance to get a goal and gain som confidence. Armstrong to come later - and not shola!

http://i61.tinypic.com/290vof9.jpg

:lol:

well - thinking a bit long term - then cisse should have game time every match until end of season. Remy will leave, armstrong too young, shola will stop (fingers crossed) and de jong i do not know about yet - plays well, but has hardly been close to scoring yet...

Cisse can maybe gain confidence and become a good player for us or maybe keep his valuation in the market.

Without cisse we will have to sign 3 quality strikers in the summer....anyone who believe that will happen????

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

This season is already a write off for Cisse. he is showing more alertness and desire but I'd save that for next season. I'd like to see  Armstrong and Gosling get a full 90 minutes to show what they are capable of.

This season is already a write off for Cisse. he is showing more alertness and desire but I'd save that for next season. I'd like to see  Armstrong and Gosling get a full 90 minutes to show what they are capable of.

Gosling? I think we already know what he is "capable" of.

cisse should start against CP, perfect chance to get a goal and gain som confidence. Armstrong to come later - and not shola!

http://i61.tinypic.com/290vof9.jpg

:lol:

well - thinking a bit long term - then cisse should have game time every match until end of season. Remy will leave, armstrong too young, shola will stop (fingers crossed) and de jong i do not know about yet - plays well, but has hardly been close to scoring yet...

Cisse can maybe gain confidence and become a good player for us or maybe keep his valuation in the market.

Without cisse we will have to sign 3 quality strikers in the summer....anyone who believe that will happen????

If he doesn't have a huge turnaround in form we need 3 quality strikers in the summer anyway.

Armstrong should have come on instead of Shola instead of just having 5 mins at the end.  We were crying out for a bit of pace up front and bringing on Shola to play with De Jong was just plain daft.

Armstrong should have come on instead of Shola instead of just having 5 mins at the end.  We were crying out for a bit of pace up front and bringing on Shola to play with De Jong was just plain daft.

I totally agree. Our fans will be much more supportive of a young local lad getting game time. Armstrong should be ahead of Shola in the pecking order now. Shola is the past and Armstrong might be the future. It's not as if Shola has any recent good form to make anyone think he could change the game in our favour. He hasn't scored in the league since December 2012.

With our season totally over following last defeat I think we should give him a run in the team to see what he has got. No better time when no threat of relegation and no threat of doing anything.

We should be bringing our young players through rather than deadwood like Shola / Gosling

Many actually cheered the Cisse for Shola change. Unbelievable. I can understand the frustration after Cisses miss in the run up to their goal, and it's understandable that he was taken off, but anyone choosing Shola over Cisse must be mad. When Cisse went off Armstrong would have been the better replacement.

I just don't get our reluctance to use young players but happy with serial underperformers like Shola n Taylor. Better giving young players a chance to shine. How do you know if they are ready until you try them. Promote a few of them , Chuck them in and see what they are made of

I just don't get our reluctance to use young players but happy with serial underperformers like Shola n Taylor. Better giving young players a chance to shine. How do you know if they are ready until you try them. Promote a few of them , Chuck them in and see what they are made of

:pardsgrin:

The odd youngster is given a chance in cup competitions that we freely admit we aren't that fussed about then given the blame when we inevitably go out.

Seems like a winning formula to me.

look at marveaux man, sidelined the entire fucking season until the last couple of games when he's thrown in at the potential expense of some kids...pardew clearly doesn't rate him and he'll not play under the man so why start throwing him into games now for fucks sake?

just clueless on so many fucking levels it's untrue

Crazy all this talk of playing him in last few games when people are already giving Dummett grief and saying hes not good enough and never will be.

If fans aren't willing to expect poor games from the young players they cannot be brought into the squad for an extended period of games, they can only make sub appearances which aren't long or make loan appearances elsewhere.

I'd love to see all the young players get a try now we have noubt to play for with a strong middle of the likes of Colo, Tiote to support them.

As for De Jong showed noubt at all since he signed on loan, think we're wasting giving our players a try by playing him when he obviously can't adapt to the PL in such a short period of time.