Lee Charnley

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Neesy saw him at the cricket yesterday and told me that he was tempted to call him a 'specky cunt'

Neesy told me this whilst he was wearing his glasses. :lol:

Neesy saw him at the cricket yesterday and told me that he was tempted to call him a 'specky c***'

:lol:

Thats not even the worst thing he said/done that night!

Love him bits tho

Neesy saw him at the cricket yesterday and told me that he was tempted to call him a 'specky c***'

That doesn't make Neesy wrong.  :lol:

I often call people speccy kernts, whilst wearing my own specs.  I dont consider myself a specs wearer, even tho i wear specs.  See what I mean???

Neesy didn;t need to call him a direct insult, all neesy had to do was talk about how bad NUFC was, see if thumbhead reacted.

Almost a month since the last game of the season.  All he has managed to do is sack two unemployable coaches, hire another and release a couple of players (through the sacked unemployable coach)... Not bad Lee, not bad at all!

We really should be making headway on the players now FFS.  We should have a good idea of what our squad will look like in the next couple of weeks IMO so pre-season can have maximum benefit.  At this rate, they will be arriving at the end of August when we are in the bottom three again!

Pull your baldy fat head out of your arse and get on with it.

Almost a month since the last game of the season.  All he has managed to do is sack two unemployable coaches, hire another and release a couple of players (through the sacked unemployable coach)... Not bad Lee, not bad at all!

We really should be making headway on the players now FFS.  We should have a good idea of what our squad will look like in the next couple of weeks IMO so pre-season can have maximum benefit.  At this rate, they will be arriving at the end of August when we are in the bottom three again!

Pull your baldy fat head out of your arse and get on with it.

convinced this 30th june date is critical now, they're not even bidding for people as far as we know...once the accounts close things will start surely

i'm not expecting much, granted, but our squad is such a disgusting mess they simply can't not act unless ashley is literally taking a massive gamble this time...i mean a more massive gamble than usual

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

'A new chapter'

A message from the Boardroom

Hi,

As the transfer window closes, we are delighted by what we think has been a very strong summer of business for our Club.

We’ve secured ourselves four exceptional new senior players in Georginio Wijnaldum, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Chancel Mbemba and Florian Thauvin, as well as landing the exciting emerging talent of Ivan Toney.

I hope you’ve been impressed by what you’ve seen from them so far. We are confident they will continue to improve and will add significantly to the quality and success of the team.

In addition, we were delighted to agree a new deal with our Captain, Fabricio Coloccini, who on and off the field is showing the drive and determination we desire from our Captain and one of the figureheads of our club.

Spending, Summer Window 2015

I know that conflicting reports from outside the club can make it hard to understand what we’ve spent in the window. I want to take this opportunity to confirm that the net amount spent this summer is £52.6m, with £51.5m cash paid out. On top of the transfer spend, our wage bill for the year to 30 June 2016 will increase by a minimum of just under £9m as a result of our activity during this transfer window.

I’d also like to highlight a few key messages:

• Financial strength… The decisions we’ve made over the past few years have given us the financial strength to net spend significantly this summer, as well as retaining those key players who were in demand from other clubs.

We’ll continue to spend on the squad moving forward and have no need or desire to sell our best players.

• Our strategy is clear – quality over quantity… We want the best young players available to us.

We have brought in high-calibre players that will make an immediate impact.

• A new board structure… The Board have worked very closely together during this summer window. We want a squad that is strong defensively, combined with plenty of creativity, attacking intent and flair.

We are all of one mind when it comes to our vision for the squad.

• A long term strategy… We’re delighted with the players we’ve brought in, but we always knew that it would take more than one window to reshape and restructure.

This is the start not the end. It will take time and number of windows to get where we want to be.

We are in a very strong financial position. To allow us to continue in this vein, we need to ensure that the club's finances remain just as healthy over the coming years.  We ask that you trust us in this process.  We want our club to progress and be the best it can possibly be.

Steve and his team

We have set Steve a target of a top-eight finish and to win a trophy.  Everyone at the club is driving hard towards that goal. However, all of this rebuilding and reshaping isn’t something that can happen overnight; it will take time. 

I have complete faith that what he and his team are implementing will give us the best possible chance of success as a club and I would ask that you give Steve and his team, your team, all your support while we strive to deliver this reshaped vision.

A new chapter

In recent years I know that some of you feel a divide has opened up between the club and the supporters. We accept responsibility for the things we have done, or not done, to contribute to this, but with Steve's arrival and a new season ahead of us, we have been presented with a real opportunity to make progress as a club together.

Often our mistake has been that we’ve not communicated well enough with you and I assure you going forward, this is something we will do better.

I hope you can see from activities such as the pre-season open/family day, the emails like mine that are now being sent directly to your inbox, and with a fresh focus on engaging with you far better on social media, we are showing we have a desire to connect with you.

What is absolutely clear is that when we are all pulling in the same direction and you are one hundred percent behind the players who wear our shirt, it makes the difference.

Your support is magnificent and truly valued. On behalf of the board and all my colleagues, I hope that this can be a new chapter of positivity and progression for Newcastle United on and off the pitch.

Best wishes,

Lee Charnley

Managing Director