Lee Charnley

Dave

The top 8 target. Is that this season or over the course of McClarens contract?

mcclaren said they didn't expect top 8 this year.

So what is the aim this year?

Same as every year, stay up and avoid Europe.

If this were a new owner and a new board with no prior history with us this transfer window and that email would indicate a very good start towards a new era.

Given what's transpired over last eight years people can't be blamed for thinking they are just a bunch of fucking liars.

I'd like to think it is a new start (mainly because I don't have the energy to feel miserable about us anymore), but only time will tell.

I'm pleased they do it but what is the benefit of paying transfers up front instead of over the course of a players contract

clubs get the.money up front which immediately makes your offer more attractive. You aren't still players three years down the line when they're injured and shit.

I'm pleased they do it but what is the benefit of paying transfers up front instead of over the course of a players contract

clubs get the.money up front which immediately makes your offer more attractive. You aren't still players three years down the line when they're injured and s***.

Yep. Going back to the Berahino thing again, I bet if someone had offered £16-18m cash up front, WBA would have sold him, rather than the £5m plus the rest up to £22m or whatever it was Spurs supposedly offered.

If this were a new owner and a new board with no prior history with us this transfer window and that email would indicate a very good start towards a new era.

Given what's transpired over last eight years people can't be blamed for thinking they are just a bunch of fucking liars.

I'd like to think it is a new start (mainly because I don't have the energy to feel miserable about us anymore), but only time will tell.

Absolutely this.

Given what's transpired over last eight years people can't be blamed for thinking they are just a bunch of f***ing liars.

Good post.  I'm in the same place.  I want to enjoy supporting us for a while again.  If it turns out that he's talking shite there's plenty time to suffer later.

Given what's transpired over last eight years people can't be blamed for thinking they are just a bunch of f***ing liars.

Good post.  I'm in the same place.  I want to enjoy supporting us for a while again.  If it turns out that he's talking s**** there's plenty time to suffer later.

Ashley is only sitting comfortably now because the fans keep giving him second chances again and again.

1. they've lied too many times for me to take anything like this seriously

2. finishing 8th is a pathetic target. More of the same 'stay up but avoid Europe'

8th is pretty realistic for us next season. Would think we end between 9th and 14th this season. The league is extremely tight this season, very hard to predict teams going down.