Lee Charnley

Dave

Unpopular opinion probably and happy to stand corrected with facts, but for me he was just someone who struck lucky under the last regime, one of the very few, kept his head down and towed the company line. Great to see him gone, but I don't really hold too much animosity towards him. 

Unlike Bruce and Ashley, I don't bear him any ill will because to be honest if I was working in the box office of the club I loved and I was offered the job as CEO I'd probably take it too. However low his pay relative to other CEOs, it's way more than he probably ever dreamed his meagre talents could command. What was he supposed to do, say no? Or say yes then jeopardise it all by calling the golden goose a cunt? Neither of those things are realistic expectations. He did what almost anyone would do.

However I'm still delighted he's gone because he's tainted by association, a symbol of a rotten regime, and a position we can get an obvious upgrade on very easily. 

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Unpopular opinion probably and happy to stand corrected with facts, but for me he was just someone who struck lucky under the last regime, one of the very few, kept his head down and towed the company line. Great to see him gone, but I don't really hold too much animosity towards him. 

Part of me feels like this, the other part of me feels like I do when I see old demented Bavarian fellas when they are explaining why they shouldn’t be deported to Israel for war crimes trials. 

The thumbs been handed the v's.

Bollocks to him. He's lived higher on the hog than he had any right to or ability to or would have under any regime that wasn't operating this club as a skeletal scam. He's had a good ill-gotten run and he's been justly run out.  I doubt he has any compunction so bollocks will I feel sorry for him.

*If he slaughters Ashley in a book will revisit this. Course he wont. Cause Ashley's his only chance of a similar gig.

Edited by Wolfcastle

32 minutes ago, Heron said:

Could you have done it though? Seen what Ashley was doing to the club and be able to look at yourself towing the company line and being complicit in it all.

I don’t think I could. 

14 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Lee Charnley has left the building that's the last of the Ashley era gone.

Just need to remove the SD signs now to totally cleanse the club.

Amanda said hopefully by the end of the month, so possibly only 10 more days or so of the SD shite :cheesy:

lived and worked in newcastle, his missus worked in newcastle, his kid went to school in newcastle.

yet the spineless cunt never once appreciated or fought for the fans and of people of this city.

complete yes man.

he could have tried to express to ashley what the club meant to us all. he could the have told ashley to go fuck himself and pissed off. its not as though he couldnt have got a lucrative job elsewhere. 

45 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Unlike Bruce and Ashley, I don't bear him any ill will because to be honest if I was working in the box office of the club I loved and I was offered the job as CEO I'd probably take it too. However low his pay relative to other CEOs, it's way more than he probably ever dreamed his meagre talents could command. What was he supposed to do, say no? Or say yes then jeopardise it all by calling the golden goose a cunt? Neither of those things are realistic expectations. He did what almost anyone would do.

However I'm still delighted he's gone because he's tainted by association, a symbol of a rotten regime, and a position we can get an obvious upgrade on very easily. 

Bruce took the manager's job for the very same reasons....a job available to him whose requirements were way beyond his actual abilties... and we rightly berated him for it. So nah, fuck the baldy little cunt.

52 minutes ago, Heron said:

Oh, a "good german"

Edited by gazza ladra