Lee Charnley

Dave

11 minutes ago, LV said:

Who or what was employed in this role at Forest before they decided Lee Charnley would do a better job? :lol:

A Gibbon?

This is hilarious :lol:

Why the fuck would they think he could do a better job than a gibbon?

8 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Small thing, but perhaps drop the Notts now that the game is over? Understandable giving it the bigman from their fans before hand (first game back etc) and the wind up totally fair then.

We say Man City/United don't we? 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We say Man City/United don't we? 

Forest are only ever referred to as Nott'm or Nottingham. 

County only ever referred to as Notts.

It's seen as sacrilege to reverse them.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I didn't notice a shirt sponsor on their shirts on Saturday 

Nottingham Forest are certainly keen to secure a sponsorship agreement and the situation regarding the plain front of their shirts is not one they had planned for.

According to reports from the East Midlands, numerous deals have been close to being agreed but none have got over the line yet.

According to Sport Business, Forest chairman Evangelos Marinakis is holding for a £10m-a-season deal and was willing to start the campaign without a sponsor if his demands were not met.

At the end of July, Sheffield Hallam University finance expert Dr Dan Plumley told Football Insider: “It’s ambitious. We have to look at benchmarks.

"West Ham and Everton’s are around £10m or £11m. Newcastle and Leeds meanwhile are closer toward £7.5m. That is the region we’re looking at.

“We know betting companies will often pay more than non-betting companies.

"For a newly-promoted club, you are probably setting your sights towards £6m or £7m. So, Forest are going for above the benchmark there.

“The risk is that the longer you go without naming a sponsor, the more likely it could backfire.

"Sponsors want to be involved in every game and we are nearly at the start of the season now.

“If it does come off, fantastic. It would put them among the biggest deals in the Premier League. But there is a risk we can’t ignore with this strategy.”

Not widely known but Charnley was tied into a short term consultancy agreement with the club even after he left the building. It only expired at the end of July.

Fair play to the baldy fuckknuckle, he must've had a few clubs interested in him if he's walked straight into another gig.

Either that or he's just really good at selling his tea making skills?

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tbh I think Charnley did a decent job - with the boss and the resources that he had.

The fact the new leadership kept him around for a little bit shows he has some competence.

Forest don't even have a shirt sponsor.

What did he do under MA that makes you believe that? I can't think of a single thing he did well tbh, he was the John Laurinaitis of NUFC, a yes man unable to make any decision himself without running it by the main man.

Guest HTT II
37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tbh I think Charnley did a decent job - with the boss and the resources that he had.

The fact the new leadership kept him around for a little bit shows he has some competence.

Forest don't even have a shirt sponsor.

Had away and shite, he was to running a football club what Carver was to managing a football team. Kinnear would have made a better job managing the club than thumbheed. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

What did he do under MA that makes you believe that? I can't think of a single thing he did well tbh, he was the John Laurinaitis of NUFC, a yes man unable to make any decision himself without running it by the main man.

key point being - with the boss and resources he had.

His job was to keep NUFC in the PL with the limited resources he would be given. And when we eventually get relegated - ensure we come straight back up.

His job was never to get us into the top half or anything like that. In that context, with a fanbase the size of ours with some self-respect you have to hire "yes men" managers.

Even though he hired them, I do think he was better at his job than the likes of Kinnear (I think this was Lambeezy era) and Carver as football managers.

I know he was definitely a puppet & shield for Ashley. But i'm certain Ashley did little to run the club in terms of legwork and nobody else was hired to do it. So the little legwork that was done by the club, I assume, was mostly done by Charnley.

More than anything - the fact he was kept around for some time under the new regime suggests he wasn't Brucey levels of incompetant. Probably isn't much of a compliment that.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

key point being - with the boss and resources he had.

His job was to keep NUFC in the PL with the limited resources he would be given. And when we eventually get relegated - ensure we come straight back up.

His job was never to get us into the top half or anything like that. In that context, with a fanbase the size of ours with some self-respect you have to hire "yes men" managers.

Even though he hired them, I do think he was better at his job than the likes of Kinnear (I think this was Lambeezy era) and Carver as football managers.

I know he was definitely a puppet & shield for Ashley. But i'm certain Ashley did little to run the club in terms of legwork and nobody else was hired to do it. So the little legwork that was done by the club, I assume, was mostly done by Charnley.

More than anything - the fact he was kept around for some time under the new regime suggests he wasn't Brucey levels of incompetant. Probably isn't much of a compliment that.

Again, what did he do under MA that makes you believe that?

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Again, what did he do under MA that makes you believe that?

Kept the team in the PL most of the time (comfortably in the main too) and straight back up (easily) when we went down.

Also took all (a lot at least) the shit for the Owner.

That was the MO of the job according to the Owner.

Edited by The College Dropout