Lee Charnley

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Once they deleted anyone who wanted a competitive salary, anyone who wanted their own staff, anyone who wanted to try to win every game and anyyone who had an employer to be compensated I guess it was a lot less than 80.

Didnt Charnley tell Douglas ages ago that 80 wasnt a true figure, more an illustration that many had enquired. Plus as i have said before a few people like Micky Quinn have stated they applied so easy to dismiss a fair few anyway.

Wasn't there a quote from Charnley a while back where he said that all the work had been done so if it did wait until the summer it wouldn't be a long process?

I guess that was before John managed a one game unbeaten run, but still...

Seem to remember this as well.

Did they manage to interview all 80 on the list then? That must have been a busy Monday morning.

Not sure what that has to do with anything? There was a club statement that the search for the new head coach would take a back seat until the end of the season but the prep work meant it could be picked up and progressed from this point onwards. Now they're making it sound like they will have to start all over again. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised by this development btw.

Once they deleted anyone who wanted a competitive salary, anyone who wanted their own staff, anyone who wanted to try to win every game and anyyone who had an employer to be compensated I guess it was a lot less than 80.

Didnt Charnley tell Douglas ages ago that 80 wasnt a true figure, more an illustration that many had enquired. Plus as i have said before a few people like Micky Quinn have stated they applied so easy to dismiss a fair few anyway.

To get to the point though, did they really interview any serious candidates other than Garde? For the claim to have been made that the work has all been done to bring someone in you would think they must have interviewed at least a few. To my mind though it seems they interviewed Garde and probably sounded out McClaren who turned out to be a flip flop.

Guest Roger Kint

To get to the point though, did they really interview any serious candidates other than Garde? For the claim to have been made that the work has all been done to bring someone in you would think they must have interviewed at least a few. To my mind though it seems they interviewed Garde and probably sounded out McClaren who turned out to be a flip flop.

I have no doubts their work was basically talk to Garde 1/2 times, few informal chats with SMC and possibly a few agents whoring their men about to no avail. Basically our list was three men and we took the lazy option and thats it. Any 'work' done will be a scribbled page of various cheap blokes and charlatans and gardes offer of coming with his own people near the bottom/listed as PTO :lol:

I have no doubts their work was basically talk to Garde 1/2 times, few informal chats with SMC and possibly a few agents whoring their men about to no avail. Basically our list was three men and we took the lazy option and thats it. Any 'work' done will be a scribbled page of various cheap blokes and charlatans and gardes offer of coming with his own people near the bottom/listed as PTO :lol:

I was going to say Charnley's probably lost that piece of paper but then remembered he's a secretary. It's probably tucked away neatly in a filing cabinet ready for handy reference.  :indi:

"Lee Charnley to draw up head coach shortlist after being handed full control of search"

Shortlist, that's a canny idea. Wonder how long it took him to come up with that one.

Full control?  I thought Ashley claimed he doesn't make those decisions and has people to do that job for him.

Lies, lies, lies, don't fall for his shit and don't renew.

What an embarrasing and pathetic joke of a club this is with this guy in charge. Still even if he loses his job it will probably be the kit man who gets it next.

So sick and tired of it and I wonder if I will even bother to follow the club at all next season.

I never understood why Ashley would intrust people with zero experience to look after such an expensive asset.

It is the ONE position you actually need someone who knows what they are doing.

Charnley is supposed to have been with the club for years, right? Even before Ashley, as I recall. That's a problem in and of itself. It certainly didn't afford him the chance to learn how to do things the right way. I have no clue how intelligent he is, but he's totally underwater. If Ashley truly had the intent to delegate the club to someone competent, he'd be looking for somebody coming up in a decently run club. Unfortunately, all indications are that he just doesn't give a fuck. Just sticks with the toadies.

Guest Roger Kint

Still no word on the Fan's Forum meeting that was "brought forward" following concerns raised by the fans?? Anyone? ???

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/latest-mike-ashley-and-lee-charnley-treat-nufc-fans-forum-with-contempt/

Basically since the day Liar stated the FF would be brought forward to before the end of the season the club has ignored all emails requesting info on when its going to happen

This is the all new open and transparent NUFC people will continue to back and fund :anguish:

Still no word on the Fan's Forum meeting that was "brought forward" following concerns raised by the fans?? Anyone? ???

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/latest-mike-ashley-and-lee-charnley-treat-nufc-fans-forum-with-contempt/

Basically since the day Liar stated the FF would be brought forward to before the end of the season the club has ignored all emails requesting info on when its going to happen

This is the all new open and transparent NUFC people will continue to back and fund :anguish:

disgusting but as you would expect.

Changes to the board

Head coach Steve McClaren, chief scout Graham Carr and club ambassador Bob Moncur have today been appointed to the Board, joining managing director Lee Charnley.

Newcastle United has today (Wednesday, 10th June) announced changes to its Board of Directors

Newcastle United has today (Wednesday, 10th June) announced changes to its Board of Directors.

Head coach Steve McClaren, chief scout Graham Carr and club ambassador Bob Moncur have today been appointed to the Board, joining managing director Lee Charnley.

Mike Ashley has relinquished his position on the board along with finance director John Irving, who is leaving the Club.

Newcastle United becomes the only club in the Premier League to have its head coach on its Board of Directors, a move which the Club feels adds significant strength to it.

Managing director Lee Charnley commented: "This is a very positive step forward for the Club and I am delighted that Steve, Graham and Bob will join me on the board.

"It was particularly important for us that the head coach also became a board member in order to gain a full understanding and appreciation for the Club and its operations as a whole, not just the football side. In Steve we have an individual who embraced that responsibility.

"Graham and Bob's passion for the Club is beyond question and I believe given the collective skills, knowledge and experience, together, we are incredibly strong.

"Whilst, of course, we all have our individual primary duties, there is a huge common desire for the Club as a whole to move forward and succeed."