Lee Charnley

Dave

From the teams I've seen this season it's gona be man city Swansea and then the rest ......top 8 is up for grabs

You think Swansea will finish 2nd?

Nah but they look a better outfit than everyone but city obviously it won't last but I've just watched first hand the worst arsenal team in years Liverpool are average man utd have gone backwards and mourinho is having his usual third season implode. It looks like city will walk it and this is the best opportunity in years for clubs like us to do something

I hate this fucker and Mike Ashley too. I'd want nothing more than for Newcastle to win a trophy but a (significant) part of me don't want these two fucking cunts to be remembered for bringing silverware to NUFC. Weird feeling that  :undecided:

(Us winning something :lol:)

I'm pleased they do it but what is the benefit of paying transfers up front instead of over the course of a players contract

clubs get the.money up front which immediately makes your offer more attractive. You aren't still players three years down the line when they're injured and s***.

Yep. Going back to the Berahino thing again, I bet if someone had offered £16-18m cash up front, WBA would have sold him, rather than the £5m plus the rest up to £22m or whatever it was Spurs supposedly offered.

Levy made a statement today about this and it included the following:

“However,” Levy continued, “I do want to make a few general points regarding transfers. Firstly, there is hardly a transfer concluded across Europe which doesn’t include staged payments. This is particularly so when significant amounts such as £20m-£30m are involved – players don’t come cheaply these days.

Obviously hasn't done any business with us recently.

If this were a new owner and a new board with no prior history with us this transfer window and that email would indicate a very good start towards a new era.

Given what's transpired over last eight years people can't be blamed for thinking they are just a bunch of f***ing liars.

I'd like to think it is a new start (mainly because I don't have the energy to feel miserable about us anymore), but only time will tell.

Absolutely this.

KK said they would lie and lie to the fans and they have - he was right when he said nothing would change until they all went - esp Ashley.

I hate this f***er and Mike Ashley too. I'd want nothing more than for Newcastle to win a trophy but a (significant) part of me don't want these two f***ing c***s to be remembered for bringing silverware to NUFC. Weird feeling that  :undecided:

(Us winning something :lol:)

I don't think you will have to worry about winning anything with this team - they are light years away from being strong enough and I believe Ashley & Co know this but just aren't prepared to make the necessary investment to achieve that in one or even 2 transfer windows.

If this were a new owner and a new board with no prior history with us this transfer window and that email would indicate a very good start towards a new era.

Given what's transpired over last eight years people can't be blamed for thinking they are just a bunch of f***ing liars.

I'd like to think it is a new start (mainly because I don't have the energy to feel miserable about us anymore), but only time will tell.

Good post.  I'm in the same place.  I want to enjoy supporting us for a while again.  If it turns out that he's talking s**** there's plenty time to suffer later.

Exactly how I feel. If they invest wisely in Jan and spend properly next summer I might start to think there has been some form of change in ethos. I'm still too sceptical however as there's just been too much bullshit already over the past years. I don't believe Ashley has suddenly decided he wants us to compete and win something, it's all about the £££££ for him. He clearly started to shit it when the fans started boycotting which didn't look great for his brand with swathes of empty seats live on camera.

Who gets these emails? I'm a season ticket holder with a registered email address but I get nothing!

I do think the club has edged in the right direction with the new coaching team, new players and better attempt at communications. Of course eight years of hurt can't be forgotten in three months but they've won some space from me.

I got absolutely shot to pieces on here for suggesting that the Mike Ashley interview was significant - whether it be to signify a genuine change in approach or that he's took it upon himself to go to the front lines and in front of the nation's media spouting more lies and bullshit. I said then that I liked to believe that it was the former, I don't think the club is ever going to be sold while Ashley is alive.

I got absolutely shot to pieces on here for suggesting that the Mike Ashley interview was significant - whether it be to signify a genuine change in approach or that he's took it upon himself to go to the front lines and in front of the nation's media spouting more lies and bullshit. I said then that I liked to believe that it was the former, I don't think the club is ever going to be sold while Ashley is alive.

http://media.giphy.com/media/iSyxpf3GRYAco/giphy.gif

Who gets these emails? I'm a season ticket holder with a registered email address but I get nothing!

I do think the club has edged in the right direction with the new coaching team, new players and better attempt at communications. Of course eight years of hurt can't be forgotten in three months but they've won some space from me.

The emails go to my work address so they always go into a quarantine system as the system thinks they are junk mail and I eventually get notification of them a couple of days later when I get asked if I want to download them.

Aye... New chapter to improve the divide between board and fans started by threatening to sue the fans over the alternative top :lol:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, its not entirely representative of the whole fansbase. But I know where you're coming from.

Aye... New chapter to improve the divide between board and fans started by threatening to sue the fans over the alternative top :lol:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, its not entirely representative of the whole fansbase. But I know where you're coming from.

Good. Or next time I'll give you a straight red :lol:

Good. Or next time I'll give you a straight red :lol:

:pow: