Lee Charnley

Dave

Guest reefatoon

Can't knock the club for making football more affordable. Shame the product is f***ing tits mind.

Come on Icke lad, get in the Christmas spirit. This was the biggest hat they do.

http://i65.tinypic.com/27x083p.jpg

It's a shame that they can't see that an entertaining team that wins more than they lose at home would be far more enticing that cheap tickets.  I have come across so many kids that have gone enthusiastically at first but soon decide they don't want to go anymore even if they retain an interest in football.

There was a family that used to sit in front of me and their kids just played computer games for the entire game - never looked up at all.  I can imagine that is quite common up in the family enclosure.

The adult ones aren't particularly cheap, only cheap one is £192 in the family area. The others are £276, £304 and £374.

Exactly. Our standard season tickets are very expensive. £579 to sit behind the goals or a minimum of £710 to sit alongside the pitch. I'm sure it was proven last season that it's actually cheaper to pay match by match than to have a season ticket.

Guest neesy111

Seriously they would have to pay me to go to watch any more games

Been offered a free ticket for Watford and Chelsea this season and knocked them both back.

Got one for the Watford match, put me off for life watching that performance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's not much in that other than charnley will address stuff at the fan forum. Interesting to see what comes out of it though. Although I hate the way they totally seem to tie the hands (or indeed tongues) of those wanting to ask questions. And the way they dodge answering questions is just so slimy (an example being the "what have you learnt? type question at the last one that they bottled out of).

Newcastle United ’s hierarchy will make their first public statement on their January transfer business and the club’s current situation at the Fans Forum later this month.

The club have informed fan representatives that the second meeting of the season will be on February 22, during United’s enforced 18-day break.

The agenda is set by supporters but it is anticipated that the club’s business in January, the threat of relegation and Steve McClaren will be among the questions the club will be set. Managing director Lee Charnley will lead the club’s delegation.

Charnley and United have issued a number of statements to supporters this season but the last of his open letters was on September 25. The club’s last Fans Forum was on October 21, where Newcastle admitted they were disappointed by the start to the campaign but pledged to invest more in the squad.

Back in September, Charnley wrote in a wide-ranging email: “We made a pledge to communicate more effectively with you and when we did so, we were aware this must be the case through thick and thin, in the bad times as well as the good.”

The club are inviting fans to contact one of the 15 Forum members if they have an issue they want raised at this month’s meeting.

Just over a year ago this bellend oversaw Ben Arfa being hounded out of the club and forced Santon and Mbiwa to leave that was essentially the icing on the cake of stripping the club of as many saleable assets as they could get away with.

Fast forward a year and he's hired a manager who's presided over the worst PL season we've had while spending club record amounts of money in the process and we're still in danger of being relegated.

He should be getting strung up in the next forum never mind getting to spin more bullshit.

Just over a year ago this bellend oversaw Ben Arfa being hounded out of the club and forced Santon and Mbiwa to leave that was essentially the icing on the cake of stripping the club of as many saleable assets as they could get away with.

Fast forward a year and he's hired a manager who's presided over the worst PL season we've had while spending club record amounts of money in the process and we're still in danger of being relegated.

He should be getting strung up in the next forum never mind getting to spin more bullshit.

Yup. I think if the crowd / protests target his inability to this job specificially, he may break down and cry in public and quit. Doesn't seem like he has any sort of mettle for this kind of a role. Well, we know he doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Loughlin (PL): "With 12 games to go, is the club in a crisis?"

The club disagreed but understands its current league position and acknowledged it was very disappointing.

The club explained that the squad's recent training camp in La Manga, Spain, was designed to help find solutions on the pitch in the final 12 games of the season. The camp was wholly focused on training and recovery, as well as a game.

The club appreciates the work required to move up the table and remains confident that it will remain in the Premier League at the end of the season.

DM: "What is that belief based on?"

The club believes the quality in the squad and some of the team's performances this season are positive indicators, but acknowledged that performances had not been consistent.

TP: "Why is there seemingly no price for failure at NUFC. For a number of years now the club's own targets have been failed to be met by those tasked with ensuring they do both at a coaching and boardroom level. The only person to lose their job at NUFC in the last eight years at these levels was the one man who achieved his target and that was Chris Hughton. This worrying trend is mirrored in the playing staff, where poor performances by so called big name players are rewarded by another start for the first team due to a lack of options and depth in certain areas. How does the club expect to improve when there is seemingly no price or consequence for underachievement?"

The club believes the squad now has strong options in most positions, enabling changes in team selection to be made where the head coach sees appropriate.

The club outlined its work to achieve a stable base, which it believes will help it to realise its aims in the medium and long term

Imagine though? I mean seriously. Being in Charnley's position, where Ashley trusted you. I'd be like Massimo fuckin Cellino. Sacking cunts left, right and centre.

So the remit is:

No external money put in by the owner

Need to make a profit

Policy is to buy players below their peak and in less attractive markets

Stay in the Premier League

You have all of the Premier League, Sky and ticket money to work with

You have to work for MA.

Course I'd take it. Easiest job in the world

You'd be far more qualified than Charnley. You'd sack the entire coaching staff and figure out a way to convince Mike Ashley to let you pay a top manager, and you'd figure out a way to save your club, even by working for the devil. (the thought process)