Lee Charnley

Dave

What the fuck does Thumbheed do? When was the last time we heard from him?

goes round in a wig and skirt in a flower-power van with some weirdos and a talking dog looking for moles.

goes round in a wig and skirt in a flower-power van with some weirdos and a talking dog looking for moles.

WHAT! So not only is he Dangermouse's sidekick, hes Velma from Scooby Doo too😮

I honestly find his role in all of this to be even more of an embarrassment given he's been part of the place dating pre MA, he knows exactly what this club is capable of and although he has risen to the role of MD, he's in over his head, has gotten it wrong 99% of the time and his ability to negotiate anything favorable to the club is non-existent. He's shite.

Our commercial and matchday income is lower now than where it was in Freddy Sheps last season at the helm - some 13 years ago - to say it is disgraceful would be offensive to the word disgraceful

Should we succeed in a takeover - I am more than confident in just 1 season we would be in the top 10 in the money list and that’s without any Saudi sponsors (Aramco) - the potential level of growth at the club is off the charts

I honestly find his role in all of this to be even more of an embarrassment given he's been part of the place dating pre MA, he knows exactly what this club is capable of and although he has risen to the role of MD, he's in over his head, has gotten it wrong 99% of the time and his ability to negotiate anything favorable to the club is non-existent. He's shite.

He worked in the finance department, he's out of his depth and would you believe it... it shows.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, ManDoon said:

The best part is he literally won’t get a job in football again. He’s been a prick and ruined his reputation in his own city. He better hope he made some decent investments because that salary is never coming round again. 

He won’t need a job in football.

he’s got enough money to retire on and live comfortably, his wife also has a decent job.

He’s been lined up for fairly big roles and big sale it’s elsewhere, most notably at the airport.

On 07/10/2021 at 12:54, Stifler said:

He won’t need a job in football.

he’s got enough money to retire on and live comfortably, his wife also has a decent job.

He’s been lined up for fairly big roles and big sale it’s elsewhere, most notably at the airport.

Well that's the point, he shouldn't have had a job in football in the first place. Certainly not recruiting managers or players. 

Aye, I'm not going on holiday for a while if he has anything to do with aircraft. He's doing his bit for the environment, I suppose. 

There's a part of me thinking that perhaps he still doesn't know the takeover has happened. It's an international break (so he's been told) so it's likely he's not been into the office; I doubt he knows what a VPN is so he wouldn't have been working remotely; probably doesn't have Sky Sports and signal on his original Nokia 3210 can be sketchy at best. 

I just get the image of him in thirty years time finally, cautiously, unearthing himself from his office filing cabinet, somehow still in reasonable condition (the cabinet), and him being totally unaware of the events of the previous decades, still thinking Bruce and Ashley are still here and wondering why no one has noticed he hasn't clocked in all this time. Be like one of those Japanese soldiers finally surrendering somewhere in the Philippines in 1970s. 

Just now, number37 said:

Aye, I'm not going on holiday for a while if he has anything to do with aircraft. He's doing his bit for the environment, I suppose. 

There's a part of me thinking that perhaps he still doesn't know the takeover has happened. It's an international break (so he's been told) so it's likely he's not been into the office; I doubt he knows what a VPN is so he wouldn't have been working remotely; probably doesn't have Sky Sports and signal on his original Nokia 3210 can be sketchy at best. 

I just get the image of him in thirty years time finally, cautiously, unearthing himself from his office filing cabinet, somehow still in reasonable condition (the cabinet), and him being totally unaware of the events of the previous decades, still thinking Bruce and Ashley are still here and wondering why no one has noticed he hasn't clocked in all this time. Be like one of those Japanese soldiers finally surrendering somewhere in the Philippines in 1970s. 

Like George Costanza ?