Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unless there is something stopping him playing/feeling he can play, which hasn't come out yet (ala Rodwell), then it just seems like such a waste of an all too short career to hang around here for family and or additional wedge. Surely you would want to play?

He's on 70k.

That is fucking mental! No wonder he doesn't want to leave, the little orange parasite!

It's cause he was 'free'.

Unless there is something stopping him playing/feeling he can play, which hasn't come out yet (ala Rodwell), then it just seems like such a waste of an all too short career to hang around here for family and or additional wedge. Surely you would want to play?

He's on 70k.

That is fucking mental! No wonder he doesn't want to leave, the little orange parasite!

So, since he last played for the 1st team (Barnsley on 7th May 2017) he's "earned" something like £2,660,000 for doing precisely fuck all.

To be honest, I struggle to blame him at all. If I were told I could earn £70k doing nothing or £25k playing football every week, I know which I'd do. Anyone claiming otherwise is quite frankly a liar. And I'd quite happily explain that to my kids too. The whole family benefits from this ultimately.

None of that changes him being an utter waste of space who should never be allowed anywhere near the pitch ever again though. But the contract isn't his fault and I don't blame him for making us honour it.

Well, he attends training I assume. It’s not his fault we don’t pick him.

I mean, it is because he’s s***, but still.

Really? He's been completely frozen out and you don't think that's his fault?

Well, this report of him doing the bare minimum is after being frozen out, not before. If I were told by my employer that they didn't want me and that I had to go work in a separate office because they didn't think I had anything useful to contribute, then maybe I'd do the bare minimum too. Maybe I'd work my socks off and try to prove them wrong, I don't know. But again, it's kinda hard to blame him for saying "stuff this" and just dialling it in every day if he's been told he's not wanted or welcome.

To be honest, I struggle to blame him at all. If I were told I could earn £70k doing nothing or £25k playing football every week, I know which I'd do. Anyone claiming otherwise is quite frankly a liar. And I'd quite happily explain that to my kids too. The whole family benefits from this ultimately.

None of that changes him being an utter waste of space who should never be allowed anywhere near the pitch ever again though. But the contract isn't his fault and I don't blame him for making us honour it.

Well I might do the same as well, but I'd still rightly expect to be called a leeching ginger cunt for it. Even though I'm not ginger.

Not me like. Unless I really needed the additional money: gambling debts, building projects etc. You are a long time retired from professional sport. And if you're in the frame of mind that more inevitably makes a difference to quality of life and future security, then nothing is ever enough. Surely you can feather a nice nest with 30-40k a week, or less.

Not me like. Unless I really needed the additional money: gambling debts, building projects etc. You are a long time retired from professional sport. And if you're in the frame of mind that more inevitably makes a difference to quality of life and future security, then nothing is ever enough. Surely you can feather a nice nest with 30-40k a week, or less.

The bolded statement is becoming less and less relevant by the year. The number of opportunities for a cushy number in the media expands every year.

It's still competitive, but that should never discourage a professional sportsman.

I think you're missing the point, or I'm not making it clear. It's not about ability to earn post-retirement. It's about playing. The joy of it. Or at least the satisfaction which comes from being one of the best (OK, I'm reaching now ...). A professional footballer, in the top, top two, top three (ish) leagues in the country. Perhaps he/many of them have that kicked out of them through disappointment, stress and/or fan abuse/ridicule. I just think, would like to think I guess, that if it were me I would want to play. Just play, anywhere.

He's on 70k.

He also has to look at himself in the mirror and for the rest of his life. Good luck explaining his reasoning to his kids/grandkids.

They'll probably be delighted when he's paying their way through university