Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He was quite decent today. Lacks the dynamic athleticism of Moussa or the vision of a Cabaye, but is an effective contributor in the middle and has consistently put in quality set pieces thus far. He will replace Anita when Tiote returns.

Could not disagree with you more - quality set pieces WOW

He was quite decent today. Lacks the dynamic athleticism of Moussa or the vision of a Cabaye, but is an effective contributor in the middle and has consistently put in quality set pieces thus far. He will replace Anita when Tiote returns.

Preach it, baba.

Not sure what game you were watching.. was far from fucking rubbish. Certainly wasn't going to impress Hodgson, but was reasonably tidy, bar one silly foul, tackled well and filled the tiote role reasonably well. He actually spread the ball surprisingly accurately at time across the pitch too. Set pieces were hit and miss to be sure but for someone that was supposed to be playing from deep he did well IMO. Some people just want to hate regardless. (admittedly on the flipside people like to be optimistic to a fault)

I don;t think he had such a bad game but he's a pretty ordinary player. To go go from Cabaye to him in that position is like trading in a Van Gogh painting for your some thick kid's stick figure drawing done in preschool.

Hes exactly what we thought he would be just a "meh" player, comes on doesn't make any glaring mistakes but also contributes very little to anything.

The way fans are banging on about him you would think hes Roy Keane in his prime.

Who is doing this exactly? Certainly not anyone here.

Can't believe some are knocking him for being ordinary. What did you expect from someone who we signed on a free from the lot down the road?

For me, I said it last week, he reminds me a lot of David Batty and the role he used to play. Nothing flashy, nothing silky but just a simple, tidy battler whose job is to calm things down and sweep up.When we had Batty, we had Ginola, Rob Lee, Beardsley and Gillespie being the creative players. Now, it's Cabella, Sissoko, Gouff and De Jong. I would add Anita to that list but we know Pardew would drop him when Tiote is back. Tiote is sometimes a shambles on the ball and with his passing and very rash with his tackles though.