Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, he was good today. And not just good by Colback standards but by normal human standards. Good passing, good challenges, timing and an overall positive attitude.

He still regressed to the mean at the very end with some bad placement and throwing himself to the ground, but the result was in the bag by then.

In many ways this would be the perfect end, as I still hope he never wears the shirt ever again.

I just think the Premier will be too quick for him, I don't really see how he can be effective unless the midfield is sitting back so players can't run past him. In a purely defensive formation you might be able to get away with having a midfielder with no pace whatsoever.

Yeah, he was good today. And not just good by Colback standards but by normal human standards. Good passing, good challenges, timing and an overall positive attitude.

He still regressed to the mean at the very end with some bad placement and throwing himself to the ground, but the result was in the bag by then.

In many ways this would be the perfect end, as I still hope he never wears the shirt ever again.

I just think the Premier will be too quick for him, I don't really see how he can be effective unless the midfield is sitting back so players can't run past him. In a purely defensive formation you might be able to get away with having a midfielder with no pace whatsoever.

Oh, it's not worth debating. The Championship has been too quick for him. Yesterday was just his 'broken clock' game.

• 3 weeks later...

He's under contract until 2019. Would (not should) we really just cancel his contract?

How often do teams cancel the contracts of players who've just played 30 games in a season?

Suspect he'll still be here as backup up for Hayden & new CM at the start of the season. Nobody will offer a few mil for him.

Not a chance we would release him from his contract. We would have to pay it up, so even having him as backup is a better option for the club. We may accept nominal fee's or loan bids for him, but we'll not release him.

Best CM we've had in the past 15 years at the club, dunno what everyone's problem is with him! Has so much passion and gets stuck in.

Assuming the lump in your cheek is your tongue (and not JC's bellend ;-), but where does he rank in the following (players who did/can play centre mid, some not very often, in last 15 years; apologies if omissions):

Acuna, Jenas, Speed, Viana, Bowyer, Butt, Faye, Clark, Parker, Emre, Barton J., Geremi, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Tiote, Cabaye, Abeid, Anita, Bigi, Gosling, Shelvey, Wijnaldum, Diame, Hayden, Colback. 26 players. Anyone rank him top 15?

Best CM we've had in the past 15 years at the club, dunno what everyone's problem is with him! Has so much passion and gets stuck in.

Assuming the lump in your cheek is your tongue (and not JC's bellend ;-), but where does he rank in the following (players who did/can play centre mid, some not very often, in last 15 years; apologies if omissions):

Acuna, Jenas, Speed, Viana, Bowyer, Butt, Faye, Clark, Parker, Emre, Barton J., Geremi, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Tiote, Cabaye, Abeid, Anita, Bigi, Gosling, Shelvey, Wijnaldum, Diame, Hayden, Colback. 26 players. Anyone rank him top 15?

Good effort :lol: