Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"if you exclude for Hayden when he was injured"

I'm not including Hayden when he was injured as Colback started ahead of him when he was fit too. I can't be arsed to play some pointless game of semantics like, I was just answering (or correcting) your question :lol:

Rafa selected him due to no alternatives in the squad. Probably saw him as a decent squad player in the Championship but I doubt he's rated by him.

He was regularly chosen before other central midfield options, largely as a result of his GRAFT.

Hope he's shipped this summer (very unlikely) but to claim he doesn't try is a stretch.

Who were they ?  if you exclude for Hayden when he was injured.

He was regularly rotated with Hayden first half of the season iirc. Hayden was clear first choice by the end though.

Aye, then that would make it the only other option and not options then, wouldn't it ?

Started ahead of Diame a fair bit. Hayden. Anita. Even Shelvey at one point. Different roles, but if Rafa despised him that intensely he had options.

Diame played more in the 10 role for most of the season, i think we had limited options in CM all season long, especially when Hayden got injured. You're right though, i think Rafa quite likes him, which baffles the feck out of me.

Yeah he works hard, but even then he makes that look as thick as fuck when he does it. He is utterly awful, just an utter waste of a shirt imo.

"if you exclude for Hayden when he was injured"

I'm not including Hayden when he was injured as Colback started ahead of him when he was fit too. I can't be arsed to play some pointless game of semantics like, I was just answering your question :lol:

I wasn't having a go, jeez this place at the moment. Everyone is being fucking fanny tarts  :lol:

I know he started ahead of Hayden, that where Rafa studies how many minutes players play, their fitness levels and fatigue levels as they approach games. It's brilliant stuff when you have a great squad, annoying when you have Colback as one of that squad.

Rafa selected him due to no alternatives in the squad. Probably saw him as a decent squad player in the Championship but I doubt he's rated by him.

He was regularly chosen before other central midfield options, largely as a result of his GRAFT.

Hope he's shipped this summer (very unlikely) but to claim he doesn't try is a stretch.

His GRAFT is meaningless because he's too slow and weak to avoid being overrun in midfield. Rafa played him because of his positional discipline and because he can play it simple. He's got the running power of a 40 yr old though so he won't get many games for Rafa in the Premier. Pretty sure we are looking at McCarthy and similar players because Rafa knows this.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-2-0-hellas-verona-13439740

Is this the beginning of the end for Jack Colback?

The midfielder has been at United for three years since his controversial switch from Wearside to Tyneside, having represented his boyhood club in both the Premier League and the Championship during that time.

Despite being a regular in the side last season in defensive-midfield, seemingly the 27-year-old faces an uncertain United future.

The arrival of Mikel Merino, as well as Mo Diame regularly being deployed in a holding role in pre-season rather than at No 10 where he featured for most of last season, appears to have pushed Colback far down the pecking order.

Jonjo Shelvey - who was named as captain once again against Verona - appears a cert to start in one of the two midfield positions in Benitez’s preferred 4-2-3-1 formation, while it seems likely that Merino, Hayden and Diame will be the preferred options alongside him given that all three featured in this match.

With that in mind, and given that at least three Championship clubs - including Aston Villa - have enquired about Colback’s potential availability so far this summer, the Geordie midfielder is potentially edging towards the St James’ Park exit door.

With that in mind, will we see Colback step out on the St James’ turf as a Magpies player again? Or does this spell the beginning of the end for his United career?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-2-0-hellas-verona-13439740

The midfielder has been at United for three years since his controversial switch from Wearside to Tyneside, having represented his boyhood club in both the Premier League and the Championship during that time.

Despite being a regular in the side last season in defensive-midfield, seemingly the 27-year-old faces an uncertain United future.

The arrival of Mikel Merino, as well as Mo Diame regularly being deployed in a holding role in pre-season rather than at No 10 where he featured for most of last season, appears to have pushed Colback far down the pecking order.

Jonjo Shelvey - who was named as captain once again against Verona - appears a cert to start in one of the two midfield positions in Benitez’s preferred 4-2-3-1 formation, while it seems likely that Merino, Hayden and Diame will be the preferred options alongside him given that all three featured in this match.

With that in mind, and given that at least three Championship clubs - including Aston Villa - have enquired about Colback’s potential availability so far this summer, the Geordie midfielder is potentially edging towards the St James’ Park exit door.

With that in mind, will we see Colback step out on the St James’ turf as a Magpies player again? Or does this spell the beginning of the end for his United career?

:sweetjesus:

Any player who was fit and didn't feature at all in the last two games, clearly has no future here. I'm a little surprise, considering how short we are at LB, that Rafa didn't bring him on at LB and rested Hayden. Good sign though, because he's maybe trying to avoid Colback getting a knock, there must be something a foot you would think.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I currently listening to a song that matches the speed of that gif perfectly :lol: