Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Mate at work was given physio by Derek Wright earlier this week, said that HBA is actually one of the highest scoters for fitness (bench presses, leg weights etc) in the club.

Didn't say owt else on the matter or any transfers like.

He has short, big legs with obvious fast twitch explosiveness. Not much competition in that department.

I know it's a long shot but I'm still holding out on hope the Ben Arfa will play on one wing whilst Cabella plays on the others. Should rip teams apart with that team.

He'll do it for one game, probably the open day to ensure it doesn't work and fuck the idea off immediately.

Guest bimpy474

If HBA is in development squad does that mean he'll play against Gateshead?

Doubt it, probably just training with them.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I know it's a long shot but I'm still holding out on hope the Ben Arfa will play on one wing whilst Cabella plays on the others. Should rip teams apart with that team.

That would be interesting, assuming Ben Arfa is on the right that would be two inverted wingers. Real Madrid of the north  :snod:

He'll do it for one game, probably the open day to ensure it doesn't work and fuck the idea off immediately.

20 minutes for Ben Arfa in that game would do the trick.

Has he really been offered around for free?

Eh, where did you hear that?

Pretty sure that has to be bollocks as it's absurdly damning if true (you'd have thought there must be a club somewhere out there that'd be willing to pay something for him surely).

Something I read when away so an article via either Facebook or newsnow. Said along the lines of 'nufc now have to figure out what to do with hba after offering his service to other clubs on a free transfer but have yet to receive any interest nevermind bids'

I didn't know if that was the line throughout the media, obviously not by the sounds of things.

Has he really been offered around for free?

Eh, where did you hear that?

Pretty sure that has to be bollocks as it's absurdly damning if true (you'd have thought there must be a club somewhere out there that'd be willing to pay something for him surely).

Something I read when away so an article via either Facebook or newsnow. Said along the lines of 'nufc now have to figure out what to do with hba after offering his service to other clubs on a free transfer but have yet to receive any interest nevermind bids'

I didn't know if that was the line throughout the media, obviously not by the sounds of things.

£3m seems to spring to mind for some reason as the figure bandied about but that could just be my memory being stupid.

I'm not exactly HBA's biggest fan but his natural talent isn't in dispute and it would seem odd no clubs even asked about him.

I can see him sitting out the last 12 months of his contract.  It's win-win for HBA.  If Pardew goes then he gets a fresh start here under a new manager, if not then he leaves on a free next summer and gets shitloads of money.  Either way he doesn't damage his standing with the fans or look like a mercenary cunt and either way he wins.

I can see him sitting out the last 12 months of his contract.  It's win-win for HBA.  If Pardew goes then he gets a fresh start here under a new manager, if not then he leaves on a free next summer and gets shitloads of money.  Either way he doesn't damage his standing with the fans or look like a mercenary cunt and either way he wins.

honestly I think he's done here regardless of whether Pardew goes or not, if he isn't permanently gotten rid of he'll just be loaned out near the end of the window just to get rid of the wages and with only 12 months left a loan is as good as a permanent transfer

Potentially wasting another year of his career on our bench at the age of 27 doesn't really represent part of a win-win situation.

Does when he takes his next signing on fee to chicken cottage for his goodbye party.

Still can't see him ever playing regularly for a big club.

He's a brilliant player but no-one seems to want him, he clearly isn't wanted here but there doesn't seem to be a sniff despite someone probably being able to pick him up for a quarter of his worth.

Such a wasted talent.

True story, mind. He's a person that consistently takes the easy option.

Has of the hallmarks of someone who had a very harsh/strict upbringing, was forced into practising a lot and consequently never really developed much self esteem or motivation. It's sad because had he ended up at somewhere like Man U at 20 or sooner he'd probably be something very special right now.

Has of the hallmarks of someone who had a very harsh/strict upbringing, was forced into practising a lot and consequently never really developed much self esteem or motivation. It's sad because had he ended up at somewhere like Man U at 20 or sooner he'd probably be something very special right now.

:thup:

What's the difficult option this time Ron?

he's only 3 years older than cabella like :lol:

if that grinning idiot had been jettisoned as he should have been then i reckon HBA would have stayed and played with us for years to come, i was initially thinking us signing the likes of cabella might gee him up but let's be honest, he's going to know he's written off as long as that cunt is our manager