Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Something will give before the end of the transfer window. I can see him being loaned out to another mid table/promoted side. Hes worth a punt for these clubs, who will otherwise never be able to attract a player of his calibre.

Something will give before the end of the transfer window. I can see him being loaned out to another mid table/promoted side. Hes worth a punt for these clubs, who will otherwise never be able to attract a player of his calibre.

He's going nowhere, loan or otherwise, if he doesn't want to.

I really hope it's not the end for him here, but it seems like it is under Pardew. Might be better for everyone if he just moves on. Having him at the club is just reminding me how much we're wasting him.

I hope he stays and we get to see him managed by a better manager. Every season Pardew under performs he gets cheaper to sack and it must come to a point where it becomes cheaper to bin him than not.

Just the rank stupidity of the situation we are in with him at the moment, one of the most talented players in the squad and he's ostracised out of it and not allowed to play even though he wants to because a manager wants to play him out of position and then discovers he's shit out of position and because a bunch of talentless cunts in the squad don't like him. How has it got to this point? Go Hatem, join a club where you'll be appreciated.

Guy at work was saying "now you see he's a wanker refusing to leave"..."eeerm no..."

Get French Football

Newcastle United have accepted an offer for Hatem Ben Arfa, but the player refuses to budge.

Full story: http://t.co/26PbPBypVs #NUFC

So they are trying to fine him 2000 euros for being 1.5kg overweight when he returned for training?:lol:

What a farce. He's contesting that saying it's muscle put on while on holiday which sums up how petty this whole business has become. Pathetic.

Sound like the club are getting quite petty with him. I for one am gutted. He's infuriating but I love the bloke, he lifts arses off plastic abominations for chairs and makes football fun to watch. Would love to see him interchanging with Cabella & De Jong in behind the main man. That would be amazing. Sadly that won't happen.

Love Hatem and really dont want him to go.  Hate seeing him wasted on the bench.  Its Pardews job to get the absolute best out of him.  And his best is breath taking!

One of our best players and would definately be in my starting lineup.

Riviere/New striker

Cabella - De Jong - Ben Arfa

Tiote - Sissoko

Guest Roger Kint

Get French Football

Newcastle United have accepted an offer for Hatem Ben Arfa, but the player refuses to budge.

So they are trying to fine him 2000 euros for being 1.5kg overweight when he returned for training?:lol:

What a farce. He's contesting that saying it's muscle put on while on holiday which sums up how petty this whole business has become. Pathetic.

Muscle? :lol:

What a joke. The one player who can really get the fans going and Pardew has got absolutely no idea how to manage him (or fit him into a system).

Not saying HBA is blameless but still, its a shitty situation.

Is this the token disclaimer now when discussing Ben Arfa? For fuck's sake, it's a football club. This guy is brilliant at the bloody thing. Play him, or come out and say why you won't, transfer list him, and move on. It stinks of ego on behalf of Pardew.

(Not having a go at you gleebals btw. Just saying)

Get French Football

Shows that our sports science department is made up of incompetent fuckwits tbh.

Loads on here said he looked a bit porky in the pictures he put up and now he's returned 1.5kg over the upper limit of the weight rules.  The club can't just fine him whenever they like without some kind of reason or the PFA would be all over it. 

I love HBA as much as the next man but if he comes back from holiday overweight he only has himself to blame.  Contrast this with Marveaux who apparently spent the summer working with a private trainer to make sure he was in top condition when he returned.

Loads on here said he looked a bit porky in the pictures he put up and now he's returned 1.5kg over the upper limit of the weight rules.  The club can't just fine him whenever they like without some kind of reason or the PFA would be all over it. 

I love HBA as much as the next man but if he comes back from holiday overweight he only has himself to blame.  Contrast this with Marveaux who apparently spent the summer working with a private trainer to make sure he was in top condition when he returned.

Human biology doesn't work in this way. It's not simple mathematics unfortunately. Returning from holiday 1.5kg overweight is an indicator of absolutely f***-all without intensive investigation and testing which would be a waste of time and counterproductive. There is plenty of time to get in shape for the new season, so they should just get on with it.

"Ah alright both of ya lads. Go train with the reserves."

Ludicrous he's being ostracised to this extent, no one is bidding for him because Pardew has soiled his name at every opportunity. "My cars fucked, doesn't run, never starts first time, brakes don't work, I never use it, who wants to buy it?".

If, IF he can outlive Pardew here we may see him back to his best but I'm all but resigned to the fact he probably won't kick another ball for us, devastated.

Why on earth would turning up (slightly) overweight be such a massive problem before pre-season training anyway. Most of pre-season training would be getting the guys back into match fitness surely. Which would lead naturally to him losing that weight plus some.