Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

10 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

Anyway, hopefully when HBA retires FIFA will still keep him in the game, even though he's not a legendry player. 

In FIFA 20, which is the version I'm still playing, he didn't even have an avatar, let alone a face scan :lol: Has that been updated now?

I’m not sure he puts in no effort. He’s explosive and physically strong, and his technique is flawless. 

Hard to say without watching him every day, but I think he just doesn’t feel comfortable in the environment of training and a football club. He doesn’t fit in for whatever reason, probably mostly mental. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure he puts in no effort. He’s explosive and physically strong, and his technique is flawless. 

Hard to say without watching him every day, but I think he just doesn’t feel comfortable in the environment of training and a football club. He doesn’t fit in for whatever reason, probably mostly mental. 

This is a good point. I think some of these guys just grow up playing these sports for the love and joy of it, and then because of their ability all of a sudden there are agents, coaches, football execs etc getting involved and it just takes the fun out of it for them.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

This is a good point. I think some of these guys just grow up playing these sports for the love and joy of it, and then because of their ability all of a sudden there are agents, coaches, football execs etc getting involved and it just takes the fun out of it for them.

Yeah, that feels right as an answer to the Ben Arfa riddle. Some guys love the grind of training and practice, and some guys just put up with it in order to play the games. Some guys are really good but hate training, maybe Benny here, some guys aren't that good but love to grind in training and end up very successful, and then you have your Tom Brady types who combine the two and are just monstrous.

• 2 months later...