Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhhh it's my favorite though. Remember getting up at balls o'clock in the morning to watch that game and it was absolutely awful, fully destined to be a boring 0-0 draw, and then that shit happened. Probably my personal favorite NUFC goal, though Cisse v Chelsea from the wing is a gem as well.

To add a little bit, the coolest part about that one for me is that after the initial (excellent) turn, he then dribbles past three players simply by varying his pace. He doesn't move left or right on the whole run, he just burns the midfielder then does a little change of pace to pop past the two center-halves, cheeky as hell man.

Edited by Miercoles

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
42 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

What sort of fridge needs 10 men to pick up?

It’s where they keep the ice for the wheelie bins…

And then for Bruce’s frozen microwave kebabs.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, LRD said:

How in the world is that Chronicle site so bad?

It’s the Ashley version of NUFC of a website, it’s terrible!

11 minutes ago, LRD said:

How in the world is that Chronicle site so bad?

I refuse to go on there, despite occasionally wanting to check out some of their stuff :lol:

I mean ... is it that they just don't know that at this point it's probably costing them a ton of traffic? So weird.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

It's the thought that counts. :smitten: 

Also - "He storms out of the dressing room into the coaches’ office. Five minutes later, he reappears eating a sandwich ready to play the second half.” :lol: :lol: 

34 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

At one point (circa 2012, iirc) HBA's and Bale's performances were to a similar standards. 

The rest is history - HBA has only himself to blame for not fully realising his talents. 

What, in your opinion, did he do wrong in his career? 

He was known for not preparing professionally (ie, warm up), not doing enough defensively (he's not a Ronaldo or Messi! Even Bale had to put a shift in), falling out with coaches (never his fault apparently), and I don't believe we ever heard stories about him being dedicated to improving himself. 

Maybe you'd get away with it 30 odd years ago (ie, Romario), but not in today's game, I'm afraid.  

Edited by Dinho lad

10 minutes ago, Dinho lad said:

He was known for not preparing professionally (ie, warm up), not doing enough defensively (he's not a Ronaldo or Messi! Even Bale had to put a shift in), falling out with coaches (never his fault apparently), and I don't believe we ever heard stories about him being dedicated to improving himself. 

Maybe you'd get away with it 30 odd years ago (ie, Romario), but not in today's game, I'm afraid.  

Where is this not warming up stuff come from ?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Where is this not warming up stuff come from ?

Casual warm up, I should clarify. I don't know if he's never done any warming up (or such), but it wouldn't surprise me if he, on the odd occasion, never fully bothered with that stuff. 

It was captured in a clip somewhere - I'm sure it wasn't the only time! 

Edited by Dinho lad