Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

9 minutes ago, TBG said:

Man, imagine being one of those that sided with Pardew.

You've got an incredible attacking player. One of a kind. The best we've had in years, and you think he's shite cause he doesn't track back enough.

No wonder so many were happy with Bruce.

It’s not just that, it’s the fact the person who was keeping out of the team was a truly awful footballer. If it had been a consistent 6/7 out of 10 player like Routledge instead of Obertan, I wouldn’t have agreed with it but could understand the rationale. But Obertan offered absolutely nothing

The only scenario where I would be bothered about him being better than he was is where we'd have been better too. 

If he wasn't a bit wrong in the head he'd never have been anywhere near Newcastle and he wouldn't be a cult hero. 

I'm thankful that he wasn't better tbh, he was an absolute joy to watch and made most of the time he was here a much more bearable part of the Ashley era.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Honestly think he’s my favourite ever newcastle player behind Shearer. Just a shame it’s along with the tragedy that it never worked out for him. 

He was actually at exactly the right club to become a superstar. Just with the wrong owner and managers. 

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Can we still sign him? Any chance it can happen?

I don't see why we couldn't and I'd bloody love it. Even if it just ended up some sporadic HBA magic off the bench if that's all he could handle I'm all for it while the club transitions.

For those that pay more attention, is there much reason for him not playing the last couple of months of Lille's season? It looked like he was keeping up fine when he first joined, albeit I was only seeing highlights and the beautiful bastard will always manage a few highlights even on a bad day. 

Edited by wormy

If he was up for it and had enough left for it he'd be a great impact  sub for us for at least 1 season, if St Max starts looking tired or it's not his day then who better to bring on. If it becomes any more than that then happy days. 

My main hope is that we see Ben Arfa take part in Soccer Aid once he retires and that Pardew and Bruce get subbed on for a couple of minutes, during which Ben Arfa snaps them both in half causing them to be stretchered off