Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Clearly had an attitude problem and a bit of a flawed genius. But I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching a player more when on song. I don’t think it’s outlandish to say he was the best dribbler in the world bar Messi, when he was on it. 

Always been a Tino man since when I first got a Toon shirt off my Great Uncle. But HBA is my favourite player, I think.  

Scored the odd goal but absolutely shocking at what he was brought in for. 

Makes Dan Burn look a decent left back. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

That's all from that one season at Nice as well [emoji38]

He played angry in a way that season, just fucking took the piss out of people every chance he could. Disrespected players by just beating them over and over and over again. Loved how he’d sometimes best people on the dribble. Slow down and do it again. :lol: 

I try not to be a judgmental person, but anyone who didn't appreciate Hatem or think he was a trouble maker I can't talk too.

A player in the mould of HBA would be my dream signing for our right hand side. Would give us the perfect balance with Gordon on the left. There aren't many as talented as him though :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

A player in the mould of HBA would be my dream signing for our right hand side. Would give us the perfect balance with Gordon on the left. There aren't many as talented as him though :lol: 

Mahrez. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

We were linked with that Turkish kid who ended up signing for Real Madrid in the summer - can’t remember his name. Looked to have a bit of Hatem about him iirc. Not sure if he gets any game time. 

Just now, Elliottman said:

We were linked with that Turkish kid who ended up signing for Real Madrid in the summer - can’t remember his name. Looked to have a bit of Hatem about him iirc. Not sure if he gets any game time. 

I think i know the one.. :lol: Arda Guler. Got a serious injury quite early on. Think he will be class. Not sure how well he has recovered.

Gutted I never got to see him in the flesh. Was screaming at the telly every time he got the ball. Not had that with a player since. That West Brom game will live a long memory for me.

Yes he was probably a bit of a pain in the arse, but he was a player you have to build around. Pardew and him were never gonna see eye to eye. I don’t think Eddie would have been a major fan either. Keegan on the other hand would of been perfect for him imo.

Happy Birthday Hataaaammm. Would love to see him at St James at half time one day. 

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Must have been great being a Nice season-ticket holder that year. Literally took the piss out of any opposition. He should have just stayed there.

Dodgy use of the word 'literally' there. :rolleyes: