Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I see he's not been given a shirt number? Rob Lee all over again!

Huh? Squad list been released?

Not been officially released no but a couple of news reports have stated he's not got a number

A couple? Where?

Not been officially released no but a couple of news reports have stated he's not got a number

A couple? Where?

The former France international will not be travelling to a pre-season training camp in New Zealand, while the fact he was not assigned a shirt number for the new campaign is enough to suggest he will be leaving the club sooner rather than later.

http://www.soccernews.com/ben-arfa-nears-summer-exit/150625/

There's another one I read this morning but can't be arsed scrolling through more stories than I have. Just repeating what I've read so don't take a pop at me.

would love to see that front line posted last page against some of the s**** teams at home:

---------riviere/new-------

cabella----de jong----HBA

:sweetjesus:

alas, pardew

Always said last season we should have seen more of a front line of Remy/HBA left/right and Cisse up top, would have made a pretty formidable attack, alas, as you say, Pardew. Don't think we'll ever see HBA in B&W again unless Pardew starts feeling the pressure and he'll hoy him on for a cameo when we're losing and use that to drop him again.

A couple? Where?

The former France international will not be travelling to a pre-season training camp in New Zealand, while the fact he was not assigned a shirt number for the new campaign is enough to suggest he will be leaving the club sooner rather than later.

There's another one I read this morning but can't be arsed scrolling through more stories than I have. Just repeating what I've read so don't take a pop at me.

No poppidge meant. Just needed clarification where it had come from as I seriously hope it's not true. :thup:

A couple? Where?

No poppidge meant. Just needed clarification as I hope god there's no truth in it. :thup:

I'm hoping it's a case of 2+2=5 but Pardews ego knows no bounds and it wouldn't be a surprise to me at all. And it's cool, no worries :thup:

Just seen he's only got a year left on his contract..... and it all becomes clear!

They obviously want to force a sale this summer to try and get as much money as possible, wouldn't surprise me if Ben Arfa has clicked on and decided to give Pardew and Ashley a big fuck you and play on until he can leave for free. This has obviously pissed of Pardew and Ashley so they are going to make his life as uncomfortable as possible over the next 12 months!

Just seen he's only got a year left on his contract..... and it all becomes clear!

They obviously want to force a sale this summer to try and get as much money as possible, wouldn't surprise me if Ben Arfa has clicked on and decided to give Pardew and Ashley a big fuck you and play on until he can leave for free. This has obviously pissed of Pardew and Ashley so they are going to make his life as uncomfortable as possible over the next 12 months!

:thup: thought this for a while.

Something will give before the end of the transfer window. I can see him being loaned out to another mid table/promoted side. Hes worth a punt for these clubs, who will otherwise never be able to attract a player of his calibre.

He's going nowhere, loan or otherwise, if he doesn't want to.

If a decent opportunity comes calling he'll be off quicker than Jordan's knickers on a first date.

They obviously want to force a sale this summer to try and get as much money as possible, wouldn't surprise me if Ben Arfa has clicked on and decided to give Pardew and Ashley a big f*** you and play on until he can leave for free. This has obviously p*ssed of Pardew and Ashley so they are going to make his life as uncomfortable as possible over the next 12 months!

It was leaked to the press plenty of times that we wanted to give him a new contract in the past but he has never signed, and it certainly looks as if we dont want to offer him a deal now (unsurprisingly given his appalling attitude):

11th Jan 2014

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/hatem-ben-arfa-to-sit-down-for-contract-talks/

Hatem Ben Arfa to sit down for contract talks.

Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa will sit down for contract talks with his club next week say France Football.

The midfielder has constantly been linked with other clubs over the last few years, but is now struggling to pin down a regular first team spot with Newcastle in recent weeks. Nevertheless, his talent is there for all to see and he will be a big capture for the club if he signs a new deal.

This news represents a step in the right direction for Newcastle fans as currently the Frenchman’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season, meaning that Newcastle could be forced to sell him in the summer if he does not sign a new deal.

We shall keep you posted about how these talks go. More undoubtedly to follow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2284104/Newcastle-keen-sign-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-long-term-deal-Liverpool-interest.html

John Drayton

PUBLISHED: 10:16, 25 February 2013

Newcastle will attempt to fight off interest from Liverpool for Hatem Ben Arfa by offering their French star a new contract, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has been injured for large parts of the 2012-13 season but Alan Pardew is keen to see him spend his best years at St James' Park.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-keen-re-open-hatem-5873155

10 Sep 2013 09:05

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal.

United first approached Ben Arfa’s representatives back in July, but the France international wanted to concentrate on his football and getting back to full fitness after an injury-plagued season.

To put another slant on it, he is quite happy waddling around putting no effort in while earning Premier League wages for another year, before leaving on a free, thereby maximising his wages in Greece / Turkey or wherever he will inevitably end up. One more contract should allow him to see out his career continuing to be a fat lazy bastard somewhere else, while still earning loads of money.

On the other hand, if he heads to one of those backwaters now, he wont get paid anywhere near as much, and will miss a year of PL money.

It was leaked to the press plenty of times that we wanted to give him a new contract in the past but he has never signed, and it certainly looks as if we dont want to offer him a deal now (unsurprisingly given his appalling attitude):

11th Jan 2014

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/hatem-ben-arfa-to-sit-down-for-contract-talks/

Hatem Ben Arfa to sit down for contract talks.

Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa will sit down for contract talks with his club next week say France Football.

The midfielder has constantly been linked with other clubs over the last few years, but is now struggling to pin down a regular first team spot with Newcastle in recent weeks. Nevertheless, his talent is there for all to see and he will be a big capture for the club if he signs a new deal.

This news represents a step in the right direction for Newcastle fans as currently the Frenchman’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season, meaning that Newcastle could be forced to sell him in the summer if he does not sign a new deal.

We shall keep you posted about how these talks go. More undoubtedly to follow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2284104/Newcastle-keen-sign-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-long-term-deal-Liverpool-interest.html

John Drayton

PUBLISHED: 10:16, 25 February 2013

Newcastle will attempt to fight off interest from Liverpool for Hatem Ben Arfa by offering their French star a new contract, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has been injured for large parts of the 2012-13 season but Alan Pardew is keen to see him spend his best years at St James' Park.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-keen-re-open-hatem-5873155

10 Sep 2013 09:05

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal.

United first approached Ben Arfa’s representatives back in July, but the France international wanted to concentrate on his football and getting back to full fitness after an injury-plagued season.

To put another slant on it, he is quite happy waddling around putting no effort in while earning Premier League wages for another year, before leaving on a free, thereby maximising his wages in Greece / Turkey or wherever he will inevitably end up. One more contract should allow him to see out his career continuing to be a fat lazy b****** somewhere else, while still earning loads of money.

On the other hand, if he heads to one of those backwaters now, he wont get paid anywhere near as much, and will miss a year of PL money.

I stopped reading at the bollocks in bold.

Hatem Ben Arfa looks to be facing an ever bleaker future at Newcastle after slipping further down the pecking order.

West Ham, QPR and Crystal Palace will all be interested in the playmaker should he become available at a cut-down price.

The 27-year-old France international will not travel to New Zealand with the first-team squad this weekend after training away from the main group since his return for pre-season.

Reports from France have suggested Ben Arfa has been fined for arriving back on Tyneside overweight - a charge he has denied - although the club was keeping its own counsel on the matter on Thursday.

However, having been discarded by manager Alan Pardew at the end of last season at a time when his talent could have proved more than useful amid questions over his attitude, the former Marseille midfielder appears to be surplus to requirements.

The arrivals of Siem de Jong and Remy Cabella have increased the pool of attacking midfield talent available to Pardew and it has been an open secret for some time that Newcastle are open to offers.

As yet, none have been forthcoming and Ben Arfa could spend the final year of his contract kicking his heels in the reserves.

That would be a huge waste of a natural ability which has made him a fans’ favourite during his four seasons to date on Tyneside, and at one point saw him linked with a £20million switch to Liverpool.

However, for every stunning goal or assist, there have been many more ineffectual displays, and a deterioration of relationships behind the scenes suggests divorce one way or another is inevitable.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/crystal-palace/west_ham_palace_and_qpr_could_make_their_moves_for_out_of_favour_newcastle_ace_1_3689048

Sure its total bollocks from a random as f*** source, but just reading it made me angry at the idea of seeing him play under the likes of Pulis and Allardyce.

Should he / when he leaves this summer, it better be to a club abroad.

I hope he goes to a fellow PL club and tears the league up, making Pardew look even more of a clueless bellend.

As much as I'd love him to make Pardew look like a cunt, I don't think I could take the frustration of watching him tear the league up at another PL club

Tiote came back fat as f*** in pre-season a couple of years ago and old Pards was happy to just laugh and joke with him about it then.

Got a link to that? Just wanna shut up a few mongs on twitter

Thats hardly fat as fuck tbf

Think that was later on, where he was happier with him.

It was either in an NUFC TV video or one of the French TV segments that got posted (have a feeling the latter) where Pardew was joking with Tiote and his mate at the entry to the training complex about how much beef he'd put on during pre-season.