Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Just seen he's only got a year left on his contract..... and it all becomes clear!

They obviously want to force a sale this summer to try and get as much money as possible, wouldn't surprise me if Ben Arfa has clicked on and decided to give Pardew and Ashley a big f*** you and play on until he can leave for free. This has obviously p*ssed of Pardew and Ashley so they are going to make his life as uncomfortable as possible over the next 12 months!

It was leaked to the press plenty of times that we wanted to give him a new contract in the past but he has never signed, and it certainly looks as if we dont want to offer him a deal now (unsurprisingly given his appalling attitude):

To put another slant on it, he is quite happy waddling around putting no effort in while earning Premier League wages for another year, before leaving on a free, thereby maximising his wages in Greece / Turkey or wherever he will inevitably end up. One more contract should allow him to see out his career continuing to be a fat lazy bastard somewhere else, while still earning loads of money.

On the other hand, if he heads to one of those backwaters now, he wont get paid anywhere near as much, and will miss a year of PL money.

:serious:

Just seen he's only got a year left on his contract..... and it all becomes clear!

They obviously want to force a sale this summer to try and get as much money as possible, wouldn't surprise me if Ben Arfa has clicked on and decided to give Pardew and Ashley a big f*** you and play on until he can leave for free. This has obviously p*ssed of Pardew and Ashley so they are going to make his life as uncomfortable as possible over the next 12 months!

It was leaked to the press plenty of times that we wanted to give him a new contract in the past but he has never signed, and it certainly looks as if we dont want to offer him a deal now (unsurprisingly given his appalling attitude):

11th Jan 2014

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/hatem-ben-arfa-to-sit-down-for-contract-talks/

Hatem Ben Arfa to sit down for contract talks.

Newcastle winger Hatem Ben Arfa will sit down for contract talks with his club next week say France Football.

The midfielder has constantly been linked with other clubs over the last few years, but is now struggling to pin down a regular first team spot with Newcastle in recent weeks. Nevertheless, his talent is there for all to see and he will be a big capture for the club if he signs a new deal.

This news represents a step in the right direction for Newcastle fans as currently the Frenchman’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season, meaning that Newcastle could be forced to sell him in the summer if he does not sign a new deal.

We shall keep you posted about how these talks go. More undoubtedly to follow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2284104/Newcastle-keen-sign-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-long-term-deal-Liverpool-interest.html

John Drayton

PUBLISHED: 10:16, 25 February 2013

Newcastle will attempt to fight off interest from Liverpool for Hatem Ben Arfa by offering their French star a new contract, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has been injured for large parts of the 2012-13 season but Alan Pardew is keen to see him spend his best years at St James' Park.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-keen-re-open-hatem-5873155

10 Sep 2013 09:05

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal

Newcastle United are ready to re-open contract talks with Hatem Ben Arfa as they bid to tie down the mercurial forward to a long-term deal.

United first approached Ben Arfa’s representatives back in July, but the France international wanted to concentrate on his football and getting back to full fitness after an injury-plagued season.

To put another slant on it, he is quite happy waddling around putting no effort in while earning Premier League wages for another year, before leaving on a free, thereby maximising his wages in Greece / Turkey or wherever he will inevitably end up. One more contract should allow him to see out his career continuing to be a fat lazy b****** somewhere else, while still earning loads of money.

On the other hand, if he heads to one of those backwaters now, he wont get paid anywhere near as much, and will miss a year of PL money.

Hello Alan or Woodman or Blob.

Having apparently ended their interest in Clément Grenier, the Lyon midfielder, Newcastle could well end up landing one of their long-term targets after he asked to be put on the transfer list.

That is likely to mean a drop in Lyon’s £12 million asking price and Newcastle could test Lyon’s nerve with a much lower bid next week.

http://www.goliathny.com/blog/72/mlk2009.jpg

Wonder if he'd go back to Lyon as bait for Grenier.

Where would we even play grenier? our midfield seems to be choc-a-bloc right now, which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Very much doubting any move for him. Striker is the #1 need, of course.

Wonder if he'd go back to Lyon as bait for Grenier.

Where would we even play grenier? our midfield seems to be choc-a-bloc right now, which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Very much doubting any move for him. Striker is the #1 need, of course.

Alongside Tiote or Anita with Cabella, De Jong and Sissoko ahead. Its not ideal but at least there's two sources of creativity in the team.

But as you said it seems very unlikely.

get it sorted pardew!

imaging this:

Quality striker

Cabella    De jong    Arfa

(colback, anita, tiote, sissoko)

Santon  Colo  Yanga  Janmaat

Krul

That would be awesome.

get it sorted pardew!

imaging this:

Quality striker

Cabella    De jong    Arfa

(colback, anita, tiote, sissoko)

Santon  Colo  Yanga  Janmaat

Krul

That would be awesome.

And totally not allowed on a football pitch unless it was a load of kids in the park 14 players :yikes:

Dunno why anyone even bothers putting him in their 'hopeful' starting 11 now.

It's blatantly obvious he will never start, maybe not even play for us again.  It's ridiculous that he's not even going to NZ with them.

Fairly optimistic that Pardle is going to massively f*** up this season and there'll be no protecting him this time round. 

I have absolutely zero faith in Pardew being able to manage players of the potential calibre of HBA. However something has also gone wrong with the lad in recent times over his weight. It's his professional obligation to maintain the best possible physical shape and nobody could say it looks like he's done that. Pardew is a clown I don't doubt that but I don't think HBA is blameless in relation to professional attitude.

I don't even think playing 7 in midfield could protect that defence, like

1st. i do not expect to see area starting for us again.

2nd. I could see it work with for example tiote and sissoko protecting the defends.

3. thats our best defends. How would you like to have it?

The current team would lineup like this at full strength under Pardew:

Krul

Janmaat        Williamson          Coloccini      Santon

Tiote                  Colback

Sissoko                        de Jong                      Cabella

Cisse/Riviere

I don't even think playing 7 in midfield could protect that defence, like

1st. i do not expect to see area starting for us again.

2nd. I could see it work with for example tiote and sissoko protecting the defends.

3. thats our best defends. How would you like to have it?

3. It isn't. It's utter shite.

Krul

Cisse/Riviere

as has been said that left side looks super-vulnerable to me but agree this is probably what knackers will do

Krul

Cisse/Riviere

as has been said that left side looks super-vulnerable to me but agree this is probably what knackers will do

8 out of 11 players selected for their defensive qualities looks vulnerable :lol:

Krul

Cisse/Riviere

I honestly think Dummett is #1 LB now.

fuck knows why, should be Haidara for me