Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I agree with it being 90% Pardews fault, but you can't deny he really does look out of shape for a professional player.

The question I suppose is whether or not if affects his performance or fitness levels.

Have they actually bothered to put him through his paces or is it just an excuse to get shot of him "you look fat, get out"

I blame Pardew for the treatment of Ben Arfa and for ruining him as a player, but hes certainly not doing himself any favours.

If he was really was interested in playing then he should have returned in tip top shape, surely he realises that if he is out of shape that no other team will want him aswell, not to mention him not getting a game for us.

Is he really happy with sitting in the reserves for a full year, if so again that tells us a bit more about HBA than it does about Pardew.

it doesn't tell us anything that we didn't know already. Ben Arfa is a maverick who lacks discipline and Pardew should be selling fruit and veg from a barrow.

He was in no different shape when he tore Stoke apart, his reward was to be dropped. Sums Pardew up, no one is allowed to out shine that cunt. The headbutt is a prime example of everything is about him. Thanking himself about a transfer. The list is endless.

I can't belive people are backing Pardew pov over this, utterly swallowed the cunts line.

Nobody worth listening to is backing Pardew over him.

Pardew is a terrible manager and Hatem doesn't care about his career anywhere near as much as he should. Both are open to criticism.

He was in no different shape when he tore Stoke apart, his reward was to be dropped. Sums Pardew up, no one is allowed to out shine that cunt. The headbutt is a prime example of everything is about him. Thanking himself about a transfer. The list is endless.

I can't belive people are backing Pardew pov over this, utterly swallowed the cunts line.

Pardew is a terrible manager and Hatem doesn't care about his career anywhere near as much as he should. Both are open to criticism.

I don't really think you can argue this. Much though it pisses me off how Ben Arfa's time here has been mishandled, he's a professional footballer and should look after himself. I always thought that about Nolan so same goes here.

Guest bimpy474

Sorry mate i don't disagree with you that often but this i do, people are falling for it. Whether Hatem is overweight or not, that was argued last season and when he played he was ok, Everton aside and the whole team played crap first half but he got picked out. Pardew's unfair treatment of him is rubbing off on people whether they realise or not.

Guest bimpy474

What are you actually disagreeing with Bimp?

That he's that out of shape, i really don't see it. All i see is a player who isn't picked because the manager's ego didn't like his failing as a manager being pointed out. Hatem is no different to last season, played well dropped. Given 20 minutes blamed for defeats. Just rank bad treatment.

Ben Arfa isn't helping himself - I'm annoyed as I so want to see the him play.  Yet the lad seems to have just lost interest.  I want to see him lean, mean and banging on Pardews door.

That he's that out of shape, i really don't see it. All i see is a player who isn't picked because the manager's ego didn't like his failing as a manager being pointed out. Hatem is no different to last season, played well dropped. Given 20 minutes blamed for defeats. Just rank bad treatment.

Of course it is. :thup:

He shouldn't be coming back from summer overweight, though. He's a naturally small framed, wiry lad. He's hurting his chances of going to another club and escaping this awful situation he's in with Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

I absolutely love the guy, I think he should be starting every game for us, however when you look at this:

10403412_1445241445755061_4112783895204408658_n.jpg

He really doesn't look in the best shape, of course I have no idea how much this affects his fitness, if at all.

A year old picture (apparently), why not put one up of him as a fat baby and have a go at him for that.

He really doesn't look in the best shape, of course I have no idea how much this affects his fitness, if at all.

I think it's more the fact it reveals quite a bit about his attitude to his career.

It'll have very little effect on his acceleration general skills but it'll hurt his endurance over the course of a game, certainly.

It is a year old picture I found the source from a news article dated Dec 2013 - yet it clearly shows he was out of shape last season.  And he's come back this season no slimmer. 

Guest bimpy474

He shouldn't be coming back from summer overweight, though. He's a naturally small framed, wiry lad. He's hurting his chances of  going to another club and escaping this awful situation he's in with Pardew.

I do agree he shouldn't come back overweight but i am choosing to believe he is telling the truth about it and Pardew and the club who have bullshitted over and over again, are bullshitting again because of an agenda against him, wanting to sell him before his contract runs out. And for Hatem telling Pardew he's fucking useless and has ruined MYM.

I absolutely love the guy, I think he should be starting every game for us, however when you look at this:

A year old picture (apparently), why not put one up of him as a fat baby and have a go at him for that.

Love to see a picture of C. Ronaldo at any stage of his career looking like that. But that's why one of them is one of the best players in the world and the other is wasting away his career.

Guest bimpy474

It is a year old picture I found the source from a news article dated Dec 2013 - yet it clearly shows he was out of shape last season.  And he's come back this season no slimmer. 

And yet last season he played well and got dropped, came on in later games and gave the few sparks we had in attack, utter bollocks imo.

He shouldn't be coming back from summer overweight, though. He's a naturally small framed, wiry lad. He's hurting his chances of  going to another club and escaping this awful situation he's in with Pardew.

I do agree he shouldn't come back overweight but i am choosing to believe he is telling the truth about it and Pardew and the club who have bullshitted over and over again, are bullshitting again because of an agenda against him, wanting to sell him before his contract runs out. And for Hatem telling Pardew he's fucking useless and has ruined MYM.

I agree with all of this. I just think this should make him more determined to convince the footballing world to give him another chance.

Guest bimpy474

Love to see a picture of C. Ronaldo at any stage of his career looking like that. But that's why one of them is one of the best players in the world and the other is wasting away his career.

Not every player can be at Ronaldo's level. Hatem has done nothing wrong here, yet Pardew blamed him for goals against us, for not creating goals for us. Yet when he did play well he got dropped. His shape/fitness had fuck all to do with it. It's Pardew's excuse.

Guest bimpy474

I agree with all of this. I just think this should make him more determined to convince the footballing world to give him another chance.

Aye very true, what does he do now though if Pardew wont pick him, i don't think he's as out of shape as we're led to believe as i've said. All he can do is train and play well in whatever team he's picked for.

But seeing as Marv virtually never appeared for the U21's when Pardew decided to freeze him out as well, not sure he can show anything until he leaves.

And yet last season he played well and got dropped, came on in later games and gave the few sparks we had in attack, utter bollocks imo.

He had 'moments' of brilliance when he came on but it was no where near his potential. Which was the frustrating thing - Imagine what a fit Ben Arfa could have done.

Guest bimpy474

He had 'moments' of brilliance when he came on but it was no where near his potential. Which was the frustrating thing - Imagine what a fit Ben Arfa could have done.

I would agree but i don't think he's that unfit, which is really my stance on it.