Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

They've probably tried to hawk him to various clubs but Ben Arfa doesn't want to leave. Now they're making life difficult for him in the hope that he will give up and leave so they can cash in on every single player we ever sign.

They've probably tried to hawk him to various clubs but Ben Arfa doesn't want to leave. Now they're making life difficult for him in the hope that he will give up and leave so they can cash in on every single player we ever sign.

I do wonder how much is it he really not wanting to leave, how much is it he's not wanted by many clubs of a decent standard. You'd think some prem club would take a gamble on him but I can't recall any reported interest from any of them (open to correction here) let alone a serious bid.

My guess is someone will take him on loan near the end of the window.

As with Bellamy, the manager's actions are reducing the player's value. 

No doubt we will be wanting to recoup as much of the £5m we can get whilst interested clubs will know we are desperate to get rid and will submit "insulting" bids.  As he is in the last year of his contract, it is in the player's interest to sit it out unless he receives an attractive offer and for potential buyers to "monitor" the situation and wait until the end of the window or January. 

Unless Pardew plays him, his value will only continue to decrease and then Ashley will probably have no choice other than to just cut his losses rather than pay x amount in wages for several months for a player who might end up playing no football for over 12 months.

Its weird because they could easily find a club for him. I bet alot of managers would take a punt on him.

Really? On the transfer rumour front, there's recently been something of a deafening silence on that one. The only link I've comes across is a club in Ukraine.

Events over the last few months have only sullied the already bad reputation that HBA has built up over his career. The idea that - yet again - Hatem has come across an unsympathetic and callous manager isn't going to be easily swallowed by professionals whose livelihoods depend on getting decisions right.

As with Bellamy, the manager's actions are reducing the player's value. 

No doubt we will be wanting to recoup as much of the £5m we can get whilst interested clubs will know we are desperate to get rid and will submit "insulting" bids.  As he is in the last year of his contract, it is in the player's interest to sit it out unless he receives an attractive offer and for potential buyers to "monitor" the situation and wait until the end of the window or January. 

Unless Pardew plays him, his value will only continue to decrease and then Ashley will probably have no choice other than to just cut his losses rather than pay x amount in wages for several months for a player who might end up playing no football for over 12 months.

I'm not sure it is in his best interests to sit on his contract. Not many clubs will want him when he's barely played a game in a year a half.

I think they have decided to let him rot in the reserves for the whole season and then walk out on a free.

I am not so sure whether he can shine in other major clubs to prove Pardew's wrong.  And in that case, the pundit would say Pardew was right, and HBA's career is finished.

So why didn't he spend the summer like Marveaux busting a gut to go back in shape? A lean, trim HBA would have been worth a punt from other clubs.

Didn't help Marv much. Maybe hr should of, but the season hasn't started yet. He can drop that easily

If I can do an emergency cut for my lads holiday, Ben Arfa can definitely get in shape for the season. He's got time still. I think he's probably in full "fuck it" mode though, such a shame.

How can refusing to give the most talented player a squad number be beneficial for the football team?

I'd love it if a journalist asked him point blank to justify his petty, childish decision. Break it down Alan, exactly why are you not prepared to include Ben Arfa in your entire squad? Explain it please.

Fucking wanker.

They might as well since the club are doing everything is their means to reduce access anyway, nowt to lose.

By doing all this in public all they're doing is lessening the value of the asset. Good on HBA for sticking it up 'em.

Look, Pardew's a cunt and has handled this whole thing horribly but I just don't think HBA is blameless.  We've been saying on here for the past 12 - 18 months he looks out of shape so it's not a surprise the club pull him on it even if it's for vindictive reasons.

If Capella is a similar player won't he just do the same to him?

This argument can work both way isnt it? If Cabella adapts well, the blame would be on HBA.  A big IF though.

Look, Pardew's a cunt and has handled this whole thing horribly but I just don't think HBA is blameless.  We've been saying on here for the past 12 - 18 months he looks out of shape so it's not a surprise the club pull him on it even if it's for vindictive reasons.

It's the hypocrisy that's grating in this latest case of victimisation though.  The plight of Blobby Jellyott during the season and he's not been publicly humiliated by the club.  What's the difference except it's probably excess weight from Pardew spunk in Jellyotts case.

The situation should have been handled within the club, but has been leaked as part of their clear agenda to discredit the player.

Look, Pardew's a c*** and has handled this whole thing horribly but I just don't think HBA is blameless.  We've been saying on here for the past 12 - 18 months he looks out of shape so it's not a surprise the club pull him on it even if it's for vindictive reasons.

Why don't they pull half the squad then? Majority of them are not in shape.

Look, Pardew's a c*** and has handled this whole thing horribly but I just don't think HBA is blameless.  We've been saying on here for the past 12 - 18 months he looks out of shape so it's not a surprise the club pull him on it even if it's for vindictive reasons.

Why don't they pull half the squad then? Majority of them are not in shape.

Do you know this for a fact and if so, how?  Based on the information we have he's an idiot for going back overweight and giving them a stick to hit him with.

Yes by watching them play :lol:

Large majority can't go for more than an hour without being out on their feet. They are clearly not in shape.

Doesn't matter though because they are either befriended by Pardew or under contract for an extended period of time.

Yes by watching them play :lol:

Large majority can't go for more than an hour without being out on their feet. They are clearly not in shape.

Doesn't matter though because they are either befriended by Pardew or under contract for an extended period of time.

Sissoko looked fucked after 60 mins last season, and I like the guy.

In Sissoko's case it could be to do with basically doing all the attacking by himself once Cabaye left