Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

There wont like. He’s unique.

Of course there will. He’s unique in that there’s only one Ben Arfa, but don’t tell me that there won’t be other Messi/Ronaldo/any other player in the future. If all things go well, we’ll have a damn good chance to see them play for us in their prime. It’s ridiculous to say we’ll never see anyone as talented again. 

Might still be here or at least had a few more seasons out of him, if a large section of fans hadn't sided with Pardew.

Imagine having an attacking talent like Hatem and criticising him for not defending enough.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

He was only on ten mins but how in fuck has he not lost his pace 

Oh my word. Absolutely magic, thanks for posting this. I have a feeling I’ll be watching his compilation videos long into my old age, just brings so much happiness and joy watching him play football. Nobody like him on the planet. 

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

Might still be here or at least had a few more seasons out of him, if a large section of fans hadn't sided with Pardew.

Imagine having an attacking talent like Hatem and criticising him for not defending enough.

Coming up to 35…there’s no way he’d be here still. Not to mention that despite his age, he hasn’t stayed anywhere very long due to his discipline, or lack of. 

14 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Of course there will. He’s unique in that there’s only one Ben Arfa, but don’t tell me that there won’t be other Messi/Ronaldo/any other player in the future. If all things go well, we’ll have a damn good chance to see them play for us in their prime. It’s ridiculous to say we’ll never see anyone as talented again. 

Besides Messi I can't really think of a player in the last 20 years whos had as refined technique as Ben Arfa. Cronaldo (back when he dribbled)/ASM dribbling looks so frantic and reliant on being explosive. Ben Arfa seems to be gliding smoothly, in lack of a better description :lol: Fucking love watching him play.

Just now, Conjo said:

Besides Messi I can't really think of a player in the last 20 years whos had as refined technique as Ben Arfa. Cronaldo (back when he dribbled)/ASM dribbling looks so frantic and reliant on being explosive. Ben Arfa seems to be gliding smoothly, in lack of a better description :lol: Fucking love watching him play.

Oh, he was a great player when he was in the mood/could be arsed- don’t get me wrong. But he would never be a ‘great’ in that he wouldn’t do that week in/out like Messi etc. My point was that we are bound to see a new generation or two of excellent players in the next 5 years and it was daft to say we’ll never see anyone as good as Hatem again. 

Come with me on a little journey friends... It's the summer of 2022. Newcastle United have managed to stay up after some decent business in the January transfer window. Hatem Ben Arfa's 6 month contract with Lille has expired and he is once again a free agent after an impressive, but short spell in France. Newcastle are spending big in a bid to kick start their soon-to-be world domination. Amongst all the signings, there's still room for a shrewd acquisition or two, and Hatem comes home for one final season in front of the fans who loved him more than any others. Spurred on by the Frenchman rolling back the years, playing in the pocket behind Wilson, dovetailing beautifully with ASM on the left-wing, Newcastle achieve a top-four finish and a cup win, with Hatem scoring a suitably outrageous solo effort in the final. He's finally lived up to the "Hope" poster, and with a medal in his pocket and Newcastle looking forward to a season in the Champions League and well on the path to greatness, he hangs up his boots - fulfilled.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Oh, he was a great player when he was in the mood/could be arsed- don’t get me wrong. But he would never be a ‘great’ in that he wouldn’t do that week in/out like Messi etc. My point was that we are bound to see a new generation or two of excellent players in the next 5 years and it was daft to say we’ll never see anyone as good as Hatem again. 

I hope you're right, and you probably are in terms of skills/performances vs output/results. However, I  can't think of a single player I've ever watched that is more aesthetically pleasing to watch when his dribbles come off as HBA. I doubt I'll ever witness something like that again.

Just now, Conjo said:

I hope you're right, and you probably are in terms of skills/performances vs output/results. However, I  can't think of a single player I've ever watched that is more aesthetically pleasing to watch when his dribbles come off as HBA. I doubt I'll ever witness something like that again.

Cmon man- he’s not some demi God, no matter how good he was/is. There’s bound to be a similar/better player (or three) break through in the next few years.  

Just now, Manxst said:

Cmon man- he’s not some demi God, no matter how good he was/is. There’s bound to be a similar/better player (or three) break through in the next few years.  

I said when his dribbles are/were successful it looks like nothing else I've ever watched in football. I tried to make that distinction because obviously there will be better players than him in the future, but I doubt I'll ever see someone that looks so good doing what he is doing.

8 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Come with me on a little journey friends... It's the summer of 2022. Newcastle United have managed to stay up after some decent business in the January transfer window. Hatem Ben Arfa's 6 month contract with Lille has expired and he is once again a free agent after an impressive, but short spell in France. Newcastle are spending big in a bid to kick start their soon-to-be world domination. Amongst all the signings, there's still room for a shrewd acquisition or two, and Hatem comes home for one final season in front of the fans who loved him more than any others. Spurred on by the Frenchman rolling back the years, playing in the pocket behind Wilson, dovetailing beautifully with ASM on the left-wing, Newcastle achieve a top-four finish and a cup win, with Hatem scoring a suitably outrageous solo effort in the final. He's finally lived up to the "Hope" poster, and with a medal in his pocket and Newcastle looking forward to a season in the Champions League and well on the path to greatness, he hangs up his boots - fulfilled.

Dont play with my heart like that 

10 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

brock-explosion.gif 

Can honestly say I haven't seen a player with the same dribbling style and natural talent that he has in my life (Obv Messi, but it's not the same style as HBA). Players like that are unique. Similarly I've never seen another player with the same dribbling style as Beardsley. That's what we won't see again, rather than a player who's better. It's fine though, there'll be others and they'll be loved for who they rather than their similarity to HBA or anyone else.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Have you really been on here since 2006? :lol:

Yeah, I was here when it wasn't a woke circle jerk.

I'm so old I remember people calling for bobby Robson to be sacked

(You know that fact that has been airbrushed from history)

Edited by ozzrahog

14 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I said when his dribbles are/were successful it looks like nothing else I've ever watched in football. I tried to make that distinction because obviously there will be better players than him in the future, but I doubt I'll ever see someone that looks so good doing what he is doing.

This is it.