Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

In all seriousness if Hatem was brought through the Barca academy and wasn't a mental cunt he very likely would have been an insane footballer imo. Like consistently ridiculous as opposed to running hot and cold in teams where he's clearly on another level ability wise to anyone else.

9 hours ago, Conjo said:

I said when his dribbles are/were successful it looks like nothing else I've ever watched in football. I tried to make that distinction because obviously there will be better players than him in the future, but I doubt I'll ever see someone that looks so good doing what he is doing.

Aye. Like Ayoze Perez was probably a more effective footballer for us but I don't get hard watching his compilation videos.

Hatem's goal against Bolton will live on forever.

On form? Can't think of a more exciting toon player. Genuinely thought when he got the ball there was the potential to take on the whole opposition and score.

We know his mentality and other qualities aren't on par, but in terms of close control and excitement? Easily up there with Messi for those specific attributes. 

11 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Come with me on a little journey friends... It's the summer of 2022. Newcastle United have managed to stay up after some decent business in the January transfer window. Hatem Ben Arfa's 6 month contract with Lille has expired and he is once again a free agent after an impressive, but short spell in France. Newcastle are spending big in a bid to kick start their soon-to-be world domination. Amongst all the signings, there's still room for a shrewd acquisition or two, and Hatem comes home for one final season in front of the fans who loved him more than any others. Spurred on by the Frenchman rolling back the years, playing in the pocket behind Wilson, dovetailing beautifully with ASM on the left-wing, Newcastle achieve a top-four finish and a cup win, with Hatem scoring a suitably outrageous solo effort in the final. He's finally lived up to the "Hope" poster, and with a medal in his pocket and Newcastle looking forward to a season in the Champions League and well on the path to greatness, he hangs up his boots - fulfilled.

My actually felt my heart all a flutter for a second you son of a bitch. 

Can’t remember where I heard it. But they were debating who was better out of ASM and HBA when they’re both on it. Don’t even think it’s close. ASM is more tricky and perhaps more powerful when going down the line. That’s about it.