Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

On a bit of an unrelated note, I always think Kevin Nolan looks a lot slimmer playing for West Ham than he did for us

He did, and it was good to see that he was still capable of getting back into the shape he was when he started out at Bolton. Players do take the piss here, but then that's why it's worth hiring a proper manager. None of the better players seem to respect Pardew, and why would they?

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Tiote came back fat as f*** in pre-season a couple of years ago and old Pards was happy to just laugh and joke with him about it then.

Got a link to that? Just wanna shut up a few mongs on twitter

http://i62.tinypic.com/domett.jpg

Tiote came back fat as f*** in pre-season a couple of years ago and old Pards was happy to just laugh and joke with him about it then.

Thats hardly fat as fuck tbf

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Think it's off last year before the di canio derby debacle but it's all I could find quickly  :sad:

Guest Geordiesned

This is probably Giggs as it's a year and a half old but it helps explain his weight gain.

Training in the morning, 'Get Stuffed' in the afternoon.

Thats hardly fat as fuck tbf

Think that was later on, where he was happier with him.

It was either in an NUFC TV video or one of the French TV segments that got posted (have a feeling the latter) where Pardew was joking with Tiote and his mate at the entry to the training complex about how much beef he'd put on during pre-season.

To be fair though if the club told them all that they needed to come back at a certain weight or they'll be fined then anyone who breaks it can't whinge. He could contest it if his body fat has reduced but he knew the score.

He's only got a right to complain if it's happened to other players and not been made public.

To be fair though if the club told them all that they needed to come back at a certain weight or they'll be fined then anyone who breaks it can't whinge. He could contest it if his body fat has reduced but he knew the score.

He's only got a right to complain if it's happened to other players and not been made public.

Absolutely right. HBA is a big baby in the middle of a sulk.

I'd still be playing HBA under the proviso that he loses the excess baggage. I think making him train with the reserves is counterproductive as it'll only cause his head to drop further. Least when he's with the first team you can keep a closer eye on the work he's putting in and effect it accordingly if it isn't good enough.

A lot of speculation but given the majority of interactions have happened behind closed doors it's impossible to say. We all know Ben Arfa has had problems in the past and we know that Pardew is a massive tit but whether one is right or whether they're both wrong who knows.

Absolutely right. HBA is a big baby in the middle of a sulk.

:anguish:

Nah, he's either trying to antagonise, can't be arsed or genuinely put that much muscle on.

Tiote definitely turned up pre-season a couple of years ago looking very fat. It was in the season where he went awol while on holiday and we sent Carver out to locate him IIRC. Pardew is too full of shit for any player to take seriously. Ben Arfa needs inspiration and discipline. It would take a manager like Alex Ferguson to get him right I reckon. Enforce high standards of fitness but at the same time inspire with good football and licence to do what he does best and attack teams mercilessly.

I see he's not been given a shirt number? Rob Lee all over again!

Huh? Squad list been released?

Not been officially released no but a couple of news reports have stated he's not got a number