Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Only player I've seen live in our squad, Krul aside, I enjoy watching playing football.

For a lot of people that > all else.

A lof of people pay a lot of money to go and watch the match and probably because of KK want to be entertained, this lad entertains, no-one else does.

Watching the shit served up last season - win, lose, draw was not entertaining, I think I counted 3 matches in the end of 19 I enjoyed last season. This lad was excluded from a lot of that because he didn't run around being shit enough for the dickhead manager while we still got humped and bored.

People who dislike this lad, despite his deficiencies, dislike football.

Only player I've seen live in our squad, Krul aside, I enjoy watching playing football.

For a lot of people that > all else.

A lof of people pay a lot of money to go and watch the match and probably because of KK want to be entertained, this lad entertains, no-one else does.

Watching the shit served up last season - win, lose, draw was not entertaining, I think I counted 3 matches in the end of 19 I enjoyed last season.

People who dislike this lad, despite his deficiencies, dislike football.

People who dislike him, dislike themselves.

Everyone knows he's our best/most exciting player (admittedly I've seen very little of Cabella). Makes it all the worse that he seemingly values his career far less than players who aren't fit to play PL football.

It is a year old picture I found the source from a news article dated Dec 2013 - yet it clearly shows he was out of shape last season.  And he's come back this season no slimmer. 

And yet last season he played well and got dropped, came on in later games and gave the few sparks we had in attack, utter bollocks imo.

He had 'moments' of brilliance when he came on but it was no where near his potential. Which was the frustrating thing - Imagine what a fit Ben Arfa could have done.

I would agree but i don't think he's that unfit, which is really my stance on it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.  I never thought he looked fit since he came back from his hamstring injury.  I agree Pardew has managed him horrendously bad as he clearly is a player who needs to feel wanted.  But he has always had full support from the fans and I think he owes us to be in the best shape he can be - yet from what I have seen he has practically hung up his boots.  He is without a doubt one of the most gifted players I've seen play for Newcastle and I am annoyed that he is giving Pardew the excuse he needs not to play him.  If he was fully fit and looked like he was chomping at the bit the pressure to play him would be enormous.  Yet when you read about him coming back from holiday over weight it just takes the pressure off Pardew.

And I for one am gutted about that.

Everyone knows he's our best/most exciting player (admittedly I've seen very little of Cabella).

Likewise and I hope he's similar but at the same time (profit move aside) I'm struggling to see how it's going to work out for the positive.

And even then it is at the point where it's at the double edged sword if you even want him to succeed.

What a pile of shit.

It is a year old picture I found the source from a news article dated Dec 2013 - yet it clearly shows he was out of shape last season.  And he's come back this season no slimmer. 

And yet last season he played well and got dropped, came on in later games and gave the few sparks we had in attack, utter bollocks imo.

He had 'moments' of brilliance when he came on but it was no where near his potential. Which was the frustrating thing - Imagine what a fit Ben Arfa could have done.

I would agree but i don't think he's that unfit, which is really my stance on it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.  I never thought he looked fit since he came back from his hamstring injury.  I agree Pardew has managed him horrendously bad as he clearly is a player who needs to feel wanted.  But he has always had full support from the fans and I think he owes us to be in the best shape he can be - yet from what I have seen he has practically hung up his boots.  He is without a doubt one of the most gifted players I've seen play for Newcastle and I am annoyed that he is giving Pardew the excuse he needs not to play him.  If he was fully fit and looked like he was chomping at the bit the pressure to play him would be enormous.  Yet when you read about him coming back from holiday over weight it just takes the pressure off Pardew.

Therein lies the problem, "what you read" ie what the club and in particular what Pardew is saying about him. No he's not in peak physical form, but he's just come back, I bet he's nowhere near as bad as they're making out. Just another excuse to try and turn us against him and to ostracise him further from the first team.

Therein lies the problem, "what you read" ie what the club and in particular what Pardew is saying about him. No he's not in peak physical form, but he's just come back, I bet he's nowhere near as bad as they're making out. Just another excuse to try and turn us against him and to ostracise him further from the first team.

I know what i saw last season and it wasn't a fully fit Ben Arfa.  And this season:

http://i.imgur.com/rCGgOTo.jpg

Come on - enough of the conspiracy theories.

Not all players motivate themselves - someone like Ben Arfa with outrageous natural talent is all the more likely to go off the rails without the right people around him in both his personal and professional life. We've seen it numerous times with players, even greats - the ones that stick out in the mind like a sore thumb tend to be the Brazilian greats (fat Ronaldo, fat Ronaldinho, etc).

However, none of this excuses what Pardew has done with NUFC and with Ben Arfa in particular last season. Playing a Shola Ameobi who could barely run only a couple of months ago (the exact same Shola who only clubs in China and Australia seem to be interested in), refusing to play 4-3-3, refusing to play Ben Arfa in a consistent fixed position (in a Pardew team that should always be on the right of the front 3), hanging him out to dry in an attempt to conceal horrendous levels of managerial incompetence, etc etc.

Furthermore, the two issues may be connected - Ben Arfa wasn't fat at the start of last season, though he looked to have bulked up, and when he was ripping Aston Villa apart noone was complaining about his fitness. It's highly possible/likely that being demotivated under Pardew, on top of having zero chance of ever getting into the national side with Dechamps in charge, has led to him just thinking "why bother?" and binging his way through the spring/summer. Assuming he's still fat at the start of the season of course (otherwise this entire discussion will be utterly irrelevant).

I know what i saw last season and it wasn't a fully fit Ben Arfa.  And this season:

http://i.imgur.com/rCGgOTo.jpg

Come on - enough of the conspiracy theories.

That pics from nearly 3 weeks ago.

Guest neesy111

Pardew's treatment of HBA is obviously shocking but the chunky funster isn't doing anything to help himself either.

This I think describes the situation well.