Defensive Mid

How good are you?

Decent but no world beater

What are your Strengths?

Pace, tenacity (Sp?)

What are your weaknesses?

Short & unfit

Best moment in your 'career'?

Late run into the box & heading the ball into the back of the net for a manc uni leagues team

Worst moment in your 'career'?

stuffing vs maths dept!

What are your best positions?

right back and attacking mid

How good are you? Average.

What are your Strengths? Crossing, free kicks, frank lampard/stevie gerrard style goals and defending.

What are your weaknesses? lack of pace, Penalty taking

Best moment in your 'career'? some class free kicks in (relatively) important  matches and making some important saves as emergency goalkeeper

Worst moment in your 'career'? Breaking two ribs going into a tackle or fooking my ankle by standing on the ball :oops:

having said that, i have hardly had an illustrious career in football.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Right Wing and Wing back

How good are you?

Good enough to hold my own i reckon

What are your Strengths?

Pace, ball control and determination

Havent played in a while and anger management

Winning the yr10 5-a-side tournement at school all those years ago

Playing in a basket ball tournement at the metro radio arena at the age of 12

What are your best positions? Goalkeeper, plus most central or right sided positions.

How good are you? Absolutely woeful outfield, usually one of the worst players on the pitch. In goal, I am the amateur equivalent of David James.

What are your Strengths? Shot-Stopping, set pieces, crossing and I can hit a good powerful shot from around and inside the area.

What are your weaknesses? My first-touch is appalling, and I am also slow and unfit. Very poor movement and cant tackle or head the ball. Cant kick the ball when in goal. Cant dribble past anyone.

Best moment in your 'career'?A magnificent flying save made against the school's leading centre-forward.

Worst moment in your 'career'? One lunchtime, facing an open goal from dead centre one yard out, and screaming "Alan Shearer" and proceeding to air-kick the ball and falling over.

"Worst moment in your 'career'? One lunchtime, facing an open goal from dead centre one yard out, and screaming "Alan Shearer" and proceeding to air-kick the ball and falling over."

I laughed manically at that...:lol: real laugh out loud moment

Centre Mid/Emergency up front

How good are you?

Fairly decent

What are your Strengths?

Heading, passing, quite tall and well built

Crossing  :lol: Fukin atrocious

Hacking after someone does me

Played at Vicarage road in Herts school league final  :thup:

Also won quadruple? with local team including a tourno won abroad  bluebiggrin.gif

Lost 6-0 in Herts school final   bluebigrazz.gif

Guest Andrew Flintoff

What are your best positions? Centre Half/Defensive Midfield

How good are you? Decent in 11-a-side, don't go to ground much and can man-mark well. Dreadful at 5-a-side, I'm just not quick enough!

What are your Strengths? Strength, ability to win the ball without diving in, natural defensive brain

What are your weaknesses? Zero pace or skill, lack of concentration, zero confidence

Best moment in your 'career'? My one and only goal in a competitive game, from the half-way line against Redheugh who were top of the league at the time

Worst moment in your 'career'? Snapped ankle ligaments in 2002, broken collarbone in 1999 - never been as brave in the tackle since

Creative Midfielder and/or striker if im choosing but used to play fullback/sweeper when i played at school. I think of myself as a right footed Hugo Viana

Used to be a keeper, as i am a shortarse now i no longer play.

How good are you?

If i have time i can be good, if not im gash as i have 0 fitness

What are your Strengths?

Vision, passing, cheating

Heading,running,strength - most other attributes needed for football probably fall in.

Scoring a lob in uni 5aside(hockey sized goals) league over a keeper who was 6ft plus from about 20yards

last summer scored a 1st time volley after a keeper kick out playing world cup pairs(fa doubles) from 25 yards with me left (im right footed). Cue Diego Forlan shirt off unable to get it back on celebrations.

Some cunt standing on my ankle playing for school so i had to go in goal as we had no subs as our minibus had only 12seats

Probably attacking central midfield, though not sure.

How good are you?

Not played regularly in years so when I do, my touch is woeful. My movement is shite, apparently.

What are your Strengths?

Used to be pace.

I'm weak. :lol:

Some of the Sunday league results when we just clicked, despite being dogshit on the whole.

Not playing nearly enough.

Having glasses as a kid really put the dampeners on my playing much football when I was young, I was shit scared of the ball all the time, and my heading was hilarious. laugh.gif

Goalkeeper

How good are you?

I am a brilliant shot stopper and am very good at 1 on 1. My style is similar to chilavert and I come off the line to clear the ball very often. But I am also erratic and am often leaking goals for not paying enough attention to the game. Lastly I have a tiny frame and a weak physique, so I shun the ball if the incoming shot is hard and fast. And my goal kick or throws are weak.

What are your Strengths?

1 on 1

Keeper sweeper

Concentration

Frame

Goal kick / throw

1. I dribbled a ball out from my area and shoot it before the half way line. It went in :lol: But admittedly the pitch is really small and the opposite keeper was standing there idle anticipating me to concede the possession (which often happens :lol:

2. After conceding a succession of goals due to the physical play of opposition forwards, and my team being outplayed generally, I decided to give up my position and play a striker upfront. I scored 3 goals and won the game for my team :D

Broke my ankle after a mistimed and misplaced tackle from an opponent. Had an operation and had to rely on crutches for 4 months.

I need to stress that I am coparing myself to my peers who play football with me, ie the lowest standard of football you can expect

Anywhere down the Right, including Right Striker.

How good are you?

Played for the Academy until I was 13 if that helps.

What are your Strengths?

I know how to play football. I can pass accurately. I know how to take set pieces. I can tackle without doing some ineffective dive to win the ball and I have skill and a natural finishing ability.

Can't head.

Winning all 5 trophies at Under 13 with West Denton. That's the two cups, league (The one sponsored by Rowntree's, yes we beat Cramlington Jnrs and Wallsend) and two other one's I forgot about, Skegness tournament probably (beat Barsnley's youth team) and some shield.

Actually, I'm regaining some of my sucesses, scoring a left footed (right foot usually, although I ain't Ramage) hat-trick in a 5-0 win after being criticised for not scoring enough by my team, shut the bastards up.

Finishing top scorer for the school team the year above us. Mainly because I scored 7 in one game.

Scoring a half way volley against Seaton Burn or someone, getting Man of the Match after scoring a sauntering free kick from near the edge of the pitch 30 yards away from goal in the same game. Shame we lost 8-4.

Many more, like playing in a NUFC tracksuit at Benwell. The maroon one. Fucking tremendous.

I'll probably edit this when I can think of more...

Being moved to central defence because I was tall. Fucking wasted talent...

Striker.

How good are you?

Decent enough.

What are your Strengths?

Movement. I'm pretty slow so the only way I ever score is by finding space inside the box.

To quote Dave, 'I'm weak'

The moment was set up perfectly. After the football trials, I was made first choice striker. Scored a couple of goals here and there but the team never really clicked and when I went down with flu, lost my place to one of the younger boys. I fucking felt horrible. Last year of school, first time I've actually put effort into football (I tended to deviate to basketball and volleyball prior) and now I get dropped for an American teenager. Crikey, that was shit. This lead to the 'moment'. First league game of the final 'tournament'. We're down 1-0 with 10 minutes to go. I get sent on and with my first touch, slots the ball home with my left foot! We then go on to win with a headed goal from a corner. Next game, we're down 2-0 at HT. I get sent on and within 15 minutes, we were up 4-2 with me scoring a hat-trick. We proceeded to win 6-2 but then get knocked out of the whole tournament in the next round :lol: good times

Missing a penalty as bad as Shearer's miss against Fulham a couple of years back.

Doggy I think but then I'm no expert with not much in the way of evidence or character witnesses for that matter.

How good are you?

Well....suppose I'm pretty good but again my wife would probably say I'm rather crap.

What are your Strengths?

I do have a slightly above averaged size middle-leg so balance is a strength and excel when playing deep.

Tights - yes 31 years old an tights get me every time. Fishnets. Bloody lovely (except when wor lass in in them).

Shooting outside the box from a good 2 yards and hitting intended target.

bugger. got me with that one

Doggy I think but then I'm no expert with not much in the way of evidence or character witnesses for that matter.

How good are you?

Well....suppose I'm pretty good but again my wife would probably say I'm rather crap.

What are your Strengths?

I do have a slightly above averaged size middle-leg so balance is a strength and excel when playing deep.

Tights - yes 31 years old an tights get me every time. Fishnets. Bloody lovely (except when wor lass in in them).

Shooting outside the box from a good 2 yards and hitting intended target.

bugger. got me with that one

laugh.gif

I've played in every outfield position for the teams i played for when i was younger. Best playing behind the strikers.

How good are you?

If i was fit at all i would be canny. Because of my fitness though i'm only any good playing with my mates.

What are your Strengths?

Football brain and Skill. The balls always glued to my feet bluebiggrin.gif

Finishing, height, strength, fitness

Winning a header with a lad who was about a foot taller than me :lol:

Getting sent of for brining a lad down outside the penalty area and the ref give a penalty as well.

Centre forward, been top scorer for every team I've ever played for.  Can play centre half if we're short at the back.

How good are you?

Highest level I've played is sub in a FAC Qualifying game.  I had trials at Scarborough and Hull, and people have said I'm my own worst enemy and I found beer to early which fucked up my chances.

What are your Strengths?

This whole topic, you can't be honest with being a big head.  Anyway it's been said by many many people I have the hardest shot they've ever seen, I have a good touch, good at holding it up, and have good vision.

For someone who is 6ft2 I'm absolutely shite in the air, my pace has also gone.

Scored winner in a 1-0 win in extra time in the Tyneside Sunday League Cup Final in 2002.  When I was 14 I played in the same league as Michael Bridges, finished top scorer in the league and got 5 or 10 more than him.

My first ever game in blokes Sunday league football, I was only 16, was a big lad but like a rake, first corner this big fat ginger freak whispers in my ear "I'm gonna break your legs son", 30 seconds later off the ball elbowed me right on the nose causing it to piss of blood.  The same c*** wouldn't dream of doing it now, and I hate how younguns are intimidated by old wanks who have been around a bit longer.

Striker - I pretty much can only play that position

How good are you?

I can score

What are your Strengths?

Finishing, holding the ball up, free kicks(shots at goal), long shots, being physical

First Touch, running at people, defending or tackling in anyway, getting distance on crosses or freekicks

First free kick I ever took, 25 yards, bent around the wall, goal

Missing a penalty against our rivals; going 1-5 this year.

Right-back/Right Mid/Striker.

How good are you?

Quietly impressive.

What are your Strengths?

Acceleration, technique, passing, dribbling, pace, finishing, intelligence, grit, tackling.

Concentration, over-confidence, heading, stamina [ - though  I'm being quite harsh on that last count]

Dominated/controlled a game with some guys who were older than me a while back. One particular moment stands out - I lost possession [unfairly in my opinion] to this huge guy when I was going pretty much full speed, but it was early on in the match and I wanted to set a precedent, so I galloped after him, in the opposite direction, like a crazy horse - to the point where he slowed down slightly in fear.... but I didn't do him in from behind or anything, I just caught up to him, running alongside him, and just stuck the side of my foot in front of the ball, and when he tried to push it forward, it just stopped dead in its track, and he went flying... to the sound of audible gasps and 'woah's from all around the pitch.  bluebiggrin.gif

Waited for the summertime all year round so we could use the proper pitches, and on the first day I tried a similar trick to the one above... only I hadn't stretched, and I pulled the ole hammy for the whole summer.  bluecry.gif bluecry.gif bluecry.gif

Striker, Right wing, right back

How good are you?

was being watched by Bury (of Gary Neville fame) till i broke my leg (playing right-back)

What are your Strengths?

pace, hard challenges, hard shot

now - laziness when playing in centre midfield - due to lack of stamina (after braking leg)

winning the league, scoring from inside my own half (but felt embarrassed for the keeper), playing the 1st half right-back then being switched to right-wing at half-time and scoring two, my first hat-trick, my first goal in my first game... i could go on  tongue.gif

braking my leg

Wing back either side, winger either side, wing forward either side, Defensive midfielder (playmaker style)

How good are you?

On my day untackleable, on others the worst player on the pitch by a mile.

What are your Strengths?

Acceleration, raw speed, tricks (that beat the man) I use too many step overs mind, I look like ronaldo when im playing without the diving, heading (only recently)

Tackling.. I just can't tackle at all and if I am tracking back I sometimes loose my man.

Dominated/Controlled a match from start to finish and I wasn't even playing in my prefered position. I was playing a holding midfield role pinging balls left n right setting up chance after chance and not letting their midfield have any impact on the game at all. When i finally was switched out wide I ran from the half way line, beat 3 people went round the keeper and slid it in. Best I've ever played probably.

Made to play cb when I can't tackle.. I got rings run round me and was generally having a mare of a game. I also had miss of the season, on the line straight to my foot and I hit it straight over the crossbar.. I don't even know how i did it - refer to Heskeys miss a few seasons ago.

Left/right wing/left back/left wing back. I'm actually right-footed but I love cutting inside. And to be honest the people I play with are hardly professionals and because they're mainly all right-footed they tend to all pack the right side giving me and a couple of others loads of space on the left  bluebigrazz.gif

How good are you?

OK on a good day. I'm not half as fit as I used to be since coming to uni mind.

What are your Strengths?

Good shot on me, can get plenty of height on my passes, OK pace, I'm pretty tall so tend to win most challenges with shorter opponents.

Nowhere near as fit as I'd like to be. Mentally not as good either.

Scored some nice goals. Nothing too memorable.

My days of having no confidence. Knew I had the ability, but just couldn't apply it due to a complete lack of confidence on the pitch.