Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I know some will think I'm taking this too far with what I'm about to say but..

This guy is a club legend in the making. When he does leave, I will think highly of him purely because despite being limited, he has made the most out of what his game is as much as he could.

Considering what we paid for him, he has paid that back again and again.. as frustrating as he can be. Love you Ayo

This. Love this kid.

There’s no way #10 is second priority over summer after a striker - Perez is crucial to how we play football, and he’s coming through in a big way lately. He’s starting next season, here’s hoping he continues onwards and upwards.

Don't think hes an unsung hero. He has gotten the praise he deserves. I do see why he gets some flak because when we aren't playing well and don't have any end product, he really stinks up the place with his weak dribbling, balance and passing.

Wouldn't 10 goals from a #10 make him one of the highest scoring players in that position? Not many people who aren't dedicated forwards get more than that.

Cue someone with a list of goalscorers showing that's bollocks :lol:

Wouldn't 10 goals from a #10 make him one of the highest scoring players in that position? Not many people who aren't dedicated forwards get more than that.

Depends where Salah plays I guess.

Rooney has 10, as does Eriksen. A few wingers have more such as Sterling & Mahrez. Pretty good company for Perez like. All from open play too which counts for a lot imo.

He's a dedicated forward IMO.

Also surprised Rooney has 10, thought he'd been shit.

Despite his infuriating moments he's a defence opener and can turn a match in a moment of brilliance.

If we're looking for a significant upgrade in that position it's going to cost a lot of money.

The new player would also have to fit in with the Benitez approach, something Ayoze so obviously already does.

Perez has gone from needing replacing to being a valued squad member for me. His goals have been vital, he just needs genuine competition for a starting place. He will get better and it will be useful to have a genuine number 10 to rotate him with.

He's a dedicated forward IMO.

Also surprised Rooney has 10, thought he'd been shit.

5 have been pens, if that allows you to revert back to your previous opinion.

He also missed 3 pens.

Overheard walking out of Wembley last week “Ah well as for Perez. He needs the death penalty! A few goals of late, but he’s still awful.”

I’m not his biggest fan, he flatters to deceive and I actually think with his talent, should contribute more. All that said, I thought the death penalty seemed a bit harsh :lol: