FIFA

Anderson

Guest Haris Vuckic

Reckon they'll actually get any use out of the PS4 pad rather than just the norm?

Revolutionising the controls really isn't something I'm interested in. The graphics are clearly going to be a focus, but give us good responsive gameplay without much less scripted crap, and it's a guaranteed winner.

Fifa 13 and 14 had a lot to answer for. Terrible. Although having recently made the switch on to the ps4 version of 14, it's much.more promising.

The scripted crap does my head in. It's much, much worse on FUT than anything else. Some games your players will forget how to pass or control a ball etc, or they'll kick off nervously if 2-0 down. The keeper will have a blinder/nightmare. ''It's not his day etc'' or it just wont let you score.

I want a game to be something I independently influenced by the people playing it as opposed to the game deciding the players are having a bad day or the refs giving you nowt*

*The ref giving you nowt is amazingly bad in World Cup mode.

A mate was telling me they've changed SJP a little bit but I haven't seen it. It was on one of the E3 videos apparently :thup:

What changes in particular?

He didn't specify sorry. Mentioned 'interior' so we may get the tunnel or something.

Interesting, thanks.

Hope they sort the adboards out. It's tiny really, but for some reason them cutting off at the half-way line really annoys me. :lol:

A mate was telling me they've changed SJP a little bit but I haven't seen it. It was on one of the E3 videos apparently :thup:

What changes in particular?

He didn't specify sorry. Mentioned 'interior' so we may get the tunnel or something.

Interesting, thanks.

:lol:

Be funny if they implemented a dive button. Use it at the right time to win free kicks and penalties, or get carded.

Can you imagine a fucking dive button online man? :lol: The amount of control pads/televisions that would be smashed after a last minute dive followed by the inevitable plethora of replays of the proceeding penalty :lol:

Can you imagine a f***ing dive button online man? :lol: The amount of control pads/televisions that would be smashed after a last minute dive followed by the inevitable plethora of replays of the proceeding penalty :lol:

That's what I'm getting at :lol: Would be fucking hilarious, yet absolute torture at the same time :lol:

Can you imagine a f***ing dive button online man? :lol: The amount of control pads/televisions that would be smashed after a last minute dive followed by the inevitable plethora of replays of the proceeding penalty :lol:

That's what I'm getting at :lol: Would be fucking hilarious, yet absolute torture at the same time :lol:

It would be horrendous, as pepole would do it constantly. Most people on Fifa play it clueless and unsophisticated. You can tell through the constant abuse of loop-holes that get found, or if you ever try and a 11 vs 11 game where it turns in to a farce of 11 strikers vs 11 strikers, including keeper always out of the box.

Be funny if they implemented a dive button. Use it at the right time to win free kicks and penalties, or get carded.

It was in FIFA back around 97/98.  Was taken out though because FIFA weren't amused at the fact it encouraged cheating.  Won't ever get added again.

• 2 weeks later...

The pitch wear stuff really does look awesome.  Doing a slide tackle that takes away some turf for example will stay there for the entire game.  I know it sounds minor, but visually it makes such a big difference IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Same shit every year and not just from FIFA either. Pro Evo was the same, ignore the glaring faults that everyone wanted to be fixed and concentrate on silly little bullshit extras as if all they needed to do in a game where 5 yard passes still fuck up is add more tricks, celebrations and wiggling corner flags.

Piss off. Shite.

Same shit every year and not just from FIFA either. Pro Evo was the same, ignore the glaring faults that everyone wanted to be fixed and concentrate on silly little bullshit extras as if all they needed to do in a game where 5 yard passes still fuck up is add more tricks, celebrations and wiggling corner flags.

Piss off. Shite.

Very sad, but very true.

For fucking £50 a year from a massive set of customers it should be doing far far better. But why try when you will get the masses paying for it each year regardless.

I just pray Pro Evo finally ups it's game, even take a year out to make it fucking piss on Fifa when it comes back. If it started taking Fifa fans back to Pro Evo they will shit themselves.

Making the player faces look more realistic? You only see their face on replays and the animated sections which the majority of players try to skip as soon as possible.

No doubt a ridiculous number of shots will hit the crossbar during games to demonstrate the new animation.

Piss off. Shite.

Aye, there's still issues there that have been present for at least 5 years now - inability to safely pass it short from a free kick/goal kick, idiotic defensive lines etc. They need to be working on these things, not facial detail for fucks sake. The only aesthetic change I'd really like to see is a revamp of the atmosphere during matches to make the crowds sound a bit less flat, and a complete reworking of the menus so they're more responsive and useful (especially the team selection/formation screen which has been shite for yonks) couldn't give a fuck about how pretty the gameplay looks.

Said it a million times but the genre is screaming out for a new title to pop-up and challenge EA's complacency. There must be a development team out there who can throw out a better experience than recent FIFA and Pro Evo titles.

Aye, there's still issues there that have been present for at least 5 years now - inability to safely pass it short from a free kick/goal kick, idiotic defensive lines etc. They need to be working on these things, not facial detail for f***s sake. The only aesthetic change I'd really like to see is a revamp of the atmosphere during matches to make the crowds sound a bit less flat, and a complete reworking of the menus so they're more responsive and useful (especially the team selection/formation screen which has been s**** for yonks) couldn't give a f*** about how pretty the gameplay looks.

Said it a million times but the genre is screaming out for a new title to pop-up and challenge EA's complacency. There must be a development team out there who can throw out a better experience than recent FIFA and Pro Evo titles.

I think the main issue is the rights to the player names.If these were available for all companies I'm certain we would see some incredible football games.

However it's just too much of a risk going up against FIFA when you can't even have real players. Wouldn't bother me the slightest but the mass market wouldn't be keen on it.

I think the only way to rival them is to do the ultimate team thing.Create a shitload of fake players who you can buy and sell,make your own team and then actually play in the games.

Imagine a cross between Football Manager and FIFA. Would be an absolute goldmine if you got it right.