3 hours ago, hakka said:

Just tried being a 1.5 star rated team. Was matched against 3 star rated Atlanta United. How can EA be this incompetent? What's odd is I won 4 - 1 and had better shooting and passing than 4* and above sides. 

Games between lesser star teams are always better as you get more time on the ball and can make actual decisions that aren't just "run and shoot something".

5 hours ago, hakka said:

Just tried being a 1.5 star rated team. Was matched against 3 star rated Atlanta United. How can EA be this incompetent? What's odd is I won 4 - 1 and had better shooting and passing than 4* and above sides. 

I mean, is it that likely that in a (relatively speaking) minor mode, there's going to be someone else queueing up with a 1.5 star rated team? I presume it will search and then eventually after not matching anyone, you get matched up with the lowest possible opponent that's queuing up?

23 hours ago, Lenny said:

I mean, is it that likely that in a (relatively speaking) minor mode, there's going to be someone else queueing up with a 1.5 star rated team? I presume it will search and then eventually after not matching anyone, you get matched up with the lowest possible opponent that's queuing up?

Surely then it should do what the point of restrictive mode is and like previous FIFA versions, and tell you nobody is available with a team to play against? So your choice to turn off restrictive mode?

No idea as I don't play the mode I'm afraid. A quick google suggests it "tries" to find an exact match rather than "only" finds a match. Perhaps they've change it in this FIFA to ensure people get games.

As with 90% of things FIFA related, it's just another example of something which could be improved with a little bit of thought - in this case allowing you to define a rigidity with restrictions, with likely one additional filter/option.

Edited by Lenny

Yeah in all previous versions playing as Newcastle if I put restrictive mode on then I never played any side higher rated. There were occasions it said nobody was available to play. It seems only this version it will "try" but you can still end up against a side higher rated. 

I don't get PSG and them playing with Newcastle, the better teams i sometimes get are Napoli and Arsenal, but you also sometimes get a championship team so it balances out.

Every other game seems to be Rangers or Celtic, and then sometimes Lyon, Aston Villa, teams like that.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

I had Spurs, Barcelona, Liverpool and Arsenal when I did it 4 times in a row with Newcastle last. I'd rather it said nobody is online like previous versions, or I have choice to turn off restrictive mode and play them.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

I had Spurs, Barcelona, Liverpool and Arsenal when I did it 4 times in a row with Newcastle last. I'd rather it said nobody is online like previous versions, or I have choice to turn off restrictive mode and play them.

That's strange, playstation or xbox?

Just picked 1.5 rated Plymouth Argyle and got matched with Barcelona on restrictive mode. Utter joke. Can't even enjoy 1.5 star vs. up to 3 star stuff.

Edited by hakka

• 3 weeks later...

Despite being furious with how shit FIFA 21 is, the video I've just watched on FIFA 22 does look good. Seems like your watching an actual game of football with how the AI moves both defensive shape and attacking off ball runners. Will wait until it's heavily reduced in price and probably pick it up, but does sound they've had to re-write big chunks of the game compared to 21. Hopefully for the better experience. 21 has to be the worst one I've ever played.

• 3 weeks later...

From the Jermaine Jenas school of "they're fucking everywhere", just seen Alex Scott is a new comms for FIFA22. 

Career mode looks like it's had something of a revamp. New create your club mode, pretty exciting. 

Me and a mate are doing quite well on pro clubs, we are in div 1 just the two of us, very satisfying when you play a near full team and play them off the park, especially when they don't even try to play football and just abuse pace.

Loads of teams just knock it down the wing then do that low drilled cross, very dull.

I hate this year version so much I will only pick up 22 when it's heavily discounted on the PSN store. I hope it's better, 21 is possibly the worst version ever. Hate it.

Played the beta . Not impressed. Pretty much the same game as last year (which I thought was really poor) with some presentation gimmicks. Create a club being one feature which at first seems interesting but when the actual gameplay is so poor it doesn't really matter. The whole FIFA franchise needs a rebuild. The core of the game seems largely unchanged since Fifa 14. Even little touches could make the game better, the commentary could really add to the experience but it's long been dreadful although having Martin Tyler was a marked improvement over Derek thingy.  

There should definitely be an option to turn those stupid Z list RPG cutscene transfer negotiations off.  

Edited by Keggy_Keagal

On 13/08/2021 at 07:58, Keggy_Keagal said:

Played the beta . Not impressed. Pretty much the same game as last year (which I thought was really poor) with some presentation gimmicks. Create a club being one feature which at first seems interesting but when the actual gameplay is so poor it doesn't really matter. The whole FIFA franchise needs a rebuild. The core of the game seems largely unchanged since Fifa 14. Even little touches could make the game better, the commentary could really add to the experience but it's long been dreadful although having Martin Tyler was a marked improvement over Derek thingy.  

There should definitely be an option to turn those stupid Z list RPG cutscene transfer negotiations off.  

Assume you’re on last-gen? Feels/looks like a proper next-gen upgrade to me on PS5, compared to last year’s which was just the same game at higher res.

14 hours ago, Anderson said:

Assume you’re on last-gen? Feels/looks like a proper next-gen upgrade to me on PS5, compared to last year’s which was just the same game at higher res.

Nope Series X. Played last years on ps4 and then the upgraded Series X version and thought that was shite and all. Career mode is awful as it was then. Glad you're enjoying it but not for me. They've not even bothered to change several of the screens, same old shite with EA and Fifa, some years it's more attack based, others a little more defensive but that's about it. Plays dreadfully.   

5 hours ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Nope Series X. Played last years on ps4 and then the upgraded Series X version and thought that was shite and all. Career mode is awful as it was then. Glad you're enjoying it but not for me. They've not even bothered to change several of the screens, same old shite with EA and Fifa, some years it's more attack based, others a little more defensive but that's about it. Plays dreadfully.   

Disappointed with that as I was thinking it was just bad on the ps4

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone with beta access had any issues? 

I installed the beta when it was released and started a career mode. I only played 2 friendlies and then sacked it off until yesterday. 

Had some time on my hands so I battered it for a good few hours. 

Went to put it back on this morning and the game wouldn't load up because it said my settings save file was corrupt. Had to start a new one to get past issue and into the game. Now it's saying the save for career mode is also corrupt.