On 05/10/2021 at 09:46, Anderson said:

Do you not auto-qualify from last week anymore? 

The grind to qualify via divisions seems a lot longer this time round.

Nah you have to do the whole qualifiers section each week and you're limited to 7 attempts per season to qualify. If you fail in qualifiers you have to get the 1500 points back as well [emoji38] I think if you hit a certain rank in WL you get those points back automatically but still will have to win 5/9 games after that. 

This game is almost unplayable for me, on FUT anyway. The passing is so fucking bad man its an absolute joke. Feel like I'm going to just have to get used to manual passing now. 

Also why the fuck is that shit still in the game where you don't get a win if your opponent backs out when its all square? A guy just backed out on me at 2-2 and I don't get a win for it ffs. :lol:

Haaland is a cheat code in this. Sold my whole Prem team to build a team around him. 10 goals in 5 rivals games so far, 3 early rage quits too. 

Edited by Decky

26 minutes ago, Decky said:

Haaland is a cheat code in this. Sold my whole Prem team to build a team around him. 10 goals in 5 rivals games so far, 3 early rage quits too. 

Same goes for Lukaku.

Always played 4-2-3-1(4) but consider going for a 4-4-2 Diamond with Haaland and Lukaku. Can get both for around 70k.

Edited by lxsln

3 hours ago, lxsln said:

Same goes for Lukaku.

Always played 4-2-3-1(4) but consider going for a 4-4-2 Diamond with Haaland and Lukaku. Can get both for around 70k.

Was thinking of 442 with Lewandowski. 

They really want kids to buy fifa money.

To get Ronaldo you have to exchange 4x 84 squads, 5x 85squads, 5x 86squads, 4x 87squads, 4x 88 squads and 4x 89 squads, incl a total of 9 totw players.

OK - Just played first two games against computer from the partial install of FIFA 22. Feels way better than 21. Feels like you can actually have time with ball at your feet to play slower and have options. Never got that in 21, closed down in seconds and often unable to adjust your feet before tackle came in. Early days mind, but so far feels way more natural and better than 21. Then again, I did rate 21 was the worst FIFA ever.

Overall engine is better, smoother, less screen tearing. Much better PS5 experience of it.

It's definitely better. More you can do with your play. 

PSG on the counter is a total farce. Four of their players are almost uncatchable when running. 

Shooting is a bit odd. Seems weird under hit ones go in but point blank screamers are saved. Something isn't right here.

It's loads better, there's definitely more freedom in middle of the park to play how you want. That's a big plus for me.

On 08/10/2021 at 21:25, lxsln said:

They really want kids to buy fifa money.

To get Ronaldo you have to exchange 4x 84 squads, 5x 85squads, 5x 86squads, 4x 87squads, 4x 88 squads and 4x 89 squads, incl a total of 9 totw players.

Ultimate Team is a complete scam. I just noticed this myself the other day. Fucking ridiculous what you have to exchange. 

Its the worst FUT yet in terms of P2W, the weekly rewards for rivals is absolutely shocking compared to what you used to get, I'd say a third of the coins and packs you used to get for similar rankings.

A lot of good players do seem cheaper though, I managed to get Fabinho, Allan and Firmino all for under 30k.

I also echo the thoughts about the bad gameplay, it seems like instead of creating a proper flowing game engine they've just made turn overs more frequent with weird rebounds and AI fucking up all the time, not to mention all the worst things from 21, passing, cursor switching and input delay are even worse.

Also whats with the menus? Its an absolute chore to navigate them, so slow.

Edited by Tiotes Witch Doctor

Is the menu slowness are you in old gen? Fine in next gen for me. 

I much prefer the game play to lasts years. My 10 trail just reset this weekend. So I guess I can out off making a decision. 

This game sucks the cock of the PSG forwards far too much. Not because they are fast and skillful, but because even their shit saveable shots seem to go in. Keepers tend to let them in regardless. Better shots from other players get world class saves all the time. It's pretty annoying.

2 hours ago, khay said:

I much prefer the game play to lasts years. My 10 trail just reset this weekend. So I guess I can out off making a decision. 

Menus are fast and slick on PS5 for me. Loads so fast I never get a chance to shoot with the bloke on training pitch anymore :lol:

This version fits so much better for me than last year. Enjoying it for starters. Feeling like I can play a better pressing game or quick passing game when I need to. Counter attacks seem slightly easier to defend against which was badly needed.

Shooting is seriously pissing me off, it's one area of the game that seems to be consistently confusing. Seems when I hit them early they tend to go well and look spectacular, but take a touch and shoot and the keeper seems to pull worldies off a lot from what seems unstoppable point blank shots. Something isn't right there.

Passing is mostly good, but there is the odd pass which is a puzzler as it tries to play it through opposition player when straight line avoids them. It's like it wants more turnovers so forces the odd silly pass. Games are much more battles in the middle, which I like, but it's not cool when fuck ups that don't feel your fault lead to deciding the result. Spoils it.

23 hours ago, hakka said:

This game sucks the cock of the PSG forwards far too much. Not because they are fast and skillful, but because even their shit saveable shots seem to go in. Keepers tend to let them in regardless. Better shots from other players get world class saves all the time. It's pretty annoying.

So fucking boring too. I've played eight games on seasons now and I've drawn PSG every game except one. 

On 07/10/2021 at 11:10, Anderson said:

Started a career mode for the first time in years last night, takeover & £200m budget enabled. :lol: 

I go for the full billion takeover :lol: 

End up buying the same bloody players as last year but generally it’s Gaya/Spinazzola at LB. Pau Torres and Christenson at CB. Mazraoui at RB. Merino CM. Pelligrini CM. Sarr RM (still want to find someone else) and then I buy depth. 

On 10/10/2021 at 21:44, khay said:

Its PS4, not arsed about loading times but a PS4 can definitely handle menus better than this, its absolutely shocking :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, FIFA is 22, the last edition of the game from EA.

The rights for 19-22 cost EA £400,000,000. Now FIFA wants £800,000,000 for 23-26. EA makes £1,000,000,000 on FUT per year.

There is talk that Epic will take over the rights.

The feeling is that EA will pay what FIFA demands, as they make so much money on FUT.

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. There’ll be an EA game next season, it just might be called EA Sports FC not “FIFA”.

As far as I’m aware the license that they’ll let lapse is only for the name (and the World Cup content every 4 years), the player likenesses & leagues/clubs are all licensed separately.

10 minutes ago, Anderson said:

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. There’ll be an EA game next season, it just might be called EA Sports FC not “FIFA”.

As far as I’m aware the license that they’ll let lapse is only for the name (and the World Cup content every 4 years), the player likenesses & leagues/clubs are all licensed separately.

"The background to the divorce between EA and FIFA is the increased fee for rights for teams, players and trademarks that FIFA wants.".

Which teams and players are involved then?

Dont think EA paid £100,000,000 per year, just to call the game FIFA.

Edited by lxsln

None, the license is literally just for the FIFA branding & the WC stuff whenever that rolls around.

Whether it’s FIFA or a rebranded game, it literally prints money, EA wouldn’t do anything that jeopardises that. :lol: 

Edited by Anderson

Fifa 22 is so much better than last few years, I've got to give his version credit for being miles better. Maybe Fifa 19 end of life with all it's updates/patches was last time I really enjoyed playing, but this is smoother and next gen. I've had some right corkers of battles with people, close games where one or two bits of skill/moves clinched it. And I've nodded to some defeats as very close games where they hit the class to win.

The most annoying thing still an issue is PSG. It's just a horrible team to play against. I really think they should put a cap on how many games you can play as one side in a week on season. Maybe 10 and you have to play as someone else, then it resets end of week. Sick of PSG as my opponent. I'm happy to play with any side - I've been Man City so far as I like 4-2-4 and they have players for it, but I play attacking. PSG counter is horrid... you can dominate a game but get sucker punched so hard by that front three. Doesn't help either that PSG defence feels it can match my forwards pace! but not the other way around. Getting to the point where when I hit 3 or 4 games in a row against PSG I just want to turn it off immediately and hope to play someone who isn't them, and not get credited with a loss for disconnect.