FIFA

Anderson

Almiron hit GOAT mode pretty late in the year so didn't think he'd be mentioned. Not surprised Trippier is, and feel like Bruno could have been a nomination.

Major international tournaments tend to have a massive sway on the final team. Players that have largely average years but a standout tournament seem to have a high chance of getting into TOTY.

title updates are fine and dandy but I'm annoyed Sven Botman hasn't been face scanned or even custom job given how brilliant he's been this season. 

Back in to try it after the patch.

Has it always been so easy to dribble past players with the "flick up" action? (Pressing the right analogue stick in.)

I've been able to steam straight through and score from kick-off more than once, nobody knows how to deal with it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Back in to try it after the patch.

Has it always been so easy to dribble past players with the "flick up" action? (Pressing the right analogue stick in.)

I've been able to steam straight through and score from kick-off more than once, nobody knows how to deal with it. :lol:

Stop playing the CPU on beginner mode m8

On 13/01/2023 at 12:47, Rich said:

You're talking to a former N-O FIFA tournament winner here, buddy boy.

:lol: I lost to yorkie if memory serves right. I’m pure ass at fifa. 

What mode are you playing on @Interpolic? And what formation are you using?

Fixing the buttons was the biggest difference-maker I found in terms of the "feel" playing co-op/Seasons/UT, I've no idea what the fuck they've done to the default config:

Competitive Master Switch: On

Through Pass Assistance: Semi

FIFA Trainer: Hide

Timed Finishing: On if you're used to it already / Off if you can't be fucked

Next Player Switch Indicator: Off

Pass Block Assistance: On

Auto Switching: On Air Balls and Loose Balls

Auto Switching Move Assistance: On

Clearance Assistance: Directional

Player Lock: Off

Icon Switching: Off

Right Stick Switching: Classic

Right Stick Switching Reference: Player Relative

Ground Pass Assistance: Assisted

Shot Assistance: Assisted

Cross Assistance: Assisted

Lob Pass Assistance: Semi

Lobbed Through Pass: Semi

Save Assistance: Assisted

Analog Sprint: Off

Pass Receiver Lock: Late

Then before any custom tactics tweaks the biggest in-game change I've made is triggering "come towards the ball carrier" runs with RB/R1, rather than just always spamming LB/L1 for "get in behind". Gives you loads more options in possession and creates many more natural triangles for progressing the ball and creating chances.

Ah wow that sounds like handy stuff, cheers @Rich- I will play around with the settings.

I am playing Seasons with Newcastle, using 44(fucking)2 as it is the best way to fit our best players in. I am staying clear of UT for now but will doubtless be tempted again at some point. 

@Interpolic, if you can be arsed watching a video, there are fucking lewds on YT for each formation.

The most recent and least annoying one I've found is:

Keep in mind that these are always aimed at people playing FUT online, so you can probably be more aggressive with the full-backs, players in the box, and numbers up on corners and free kicks. 

If you can't be arsed, I'm proper canny so here's what I would do for offline play:

TACTICS
Balanced

--

Balanced

Direct Passing

7 bars

4 bars

3 bars

PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS

GK: Comes for crosses + Sweeper keeper

RB+LB: Stay back while attacking (good base to have, you can just press UP on the d-pad and turn on "Attacking Full Backs" when you need to, otherwise)

CBs: All default

RM+LM: Come back on defence + Get in behind + Get into box for crosses

CMs: Cover center
STs: Stay Central + Get in behind + Come back on defence