Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

Genuine guess: Coral.

Already have a relationship with the club, don't currently sponsor a PL side, loadsa money.

Good shout.

Probably not - they're merging with Ladbrokes and will be going through a rebrand. Paddy Power perhaps? Other left field one could be Ryanair? Recently launched shed loads of new flights from Newcastle including a direct flight to Madrid

Guest neesy111

Already have a relationship with the club, don't currently sponsor a PL side, loadsa money.

Very unlikely while they are trying to merge with Ladbrokes.

Good shout.

Probably not - they're merging with Ladbrokes and will be going through a rebrand. Paddy Power perhaps? Other left field one could be Ryanair? Recently launched shed loads of new flights from Newcastle including a direct flight to Madrid

Some obscure betting site probably...or an insurance company in need of a boost in visibility. Wont be any company of huge wealth or respectability. Amigo Loans perhaps? "Compares favourably with premier league clubs"??? Screams betting site all day long.

Surely nailed on to be Sports Direct no? Best way of making that look acceptable is by having a detestable company on it first so the assumption will be fans will shrug and say "at least it's not as bad as Wonga".

Surely nailed on to be Sports Direct no? Best way of making that look acceptable is by having a detestable company on it first so the assumption will be fans will shrug and say "at least it's not as bad as Wonga".

Always assumed this, yeah.

Always assumed this, yeah.

No, Ashley has had numerous opportunities to do this and hasn't. And I doubt fans will go "at least it's not as bad" either. Both are vile companies.

Heard a rumour it's going to be VW. No idea how true the rumour is. True story.

The club have had a long standing relationship with Lookers (VW dealership in Durham). It's a good shout.

I had heard that Emirates have for a long time been interested, however I think there was a problem with the Arsenal deal which prevented them from having a deal beforehand. The Arsenal deal has recently been renewed so maybe they can have additional English club sponsors. I also heard that last year the club tried to recruit the outgoing CEO at Newcastle airport (who was replaced by Irving from NUFC), the aim was for him to tie us up with a sponsorship with an airline. I think United were also interested at the time, but they ended up pulling out of Newcastle airport which makes the deal less unlikely.

in some magic make believe world where money wasn't all important it would be nice to have something like the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation or some other worthy charity on the shirts. Alas it'll be some other slightly less scumbag of a company than Wonga.