No Man's Sky (PS4/XBOX/PC)

Coco

I'm the oppositve about Space Shooters, I loved Wing Commander and played and finished them all. Think there was another game called Conflict Freespace that I had finished as well. Never really found anything similar to play since those days.

This game looks beautiful, not sure why it transition from checking out dinosaurs to a space battle so quickly like,  :lol:, but I want find out!

Not looked at the second vid properly yet as it had talking bits and couldn't be bothered to listen, so will check that later.

Cool. I love the idea of flying seemlessly from planet in to space, then back in to another planet etc. usually there would be several loading pauses between each transition like FPS on planet to space craft, then space craft on planet to space etc. - this was all done in one take which is a first and really impressive.

Look forward to it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

The thing that I love about it is the seamless transition between space and the planets. It just works perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Aye. The planets are all actually planet-sized as well, up to being as big as Jupiter, which is impressive but also potentially a fucking mare if you lose your ship like :lol:

As ever with this kind of game it really hinges on how varied and unique the environments are though, as well as how much of interest you can actually do on the planets. Not much point in having a bazillion planets if they have similar features and you can't do anything on them.

Aye. The planets are all actually planet-sized as well, up to being as big as Jupiter, which is impressive but also potentially a fucking mare if you lose your ship like :lol:

As ever with this kind of game it really hinges on how varied and unique the environments are though, as well as how much of interest you can actually do on the planets. Not much point in having a bazillion planets if they have similar features and you can't do anything on them.

I hope there's a long range homing beacon on the fucker!  :lol:

I agree with your second comment. I think this game is amazing in it's concept and detail, but will it be able to use that and enrich it with worthwhile game play and activities? - Could be the ultimate space sandbox flop ever made else.

I think it's just a case of things random regenerating. So there would be a set amount of graphics just being randomly placed to regenerate the map once you fly to a certain point. In theory it doesn't sound too complicated, but what the fuck do I know?

Just like Minecraft init? Not that I've ever played Minecraft like as it looks absolutely bollocks, but I think the theory's the same.

Should be cool regardless, but there would have to be some underlining point to the game besides walking around procedurally generated landscapes for it to have any kind of longevity.

Not that I've ever played Minecraft like as it looks absolutely bollocks

:lol: So many people hate this opinion but I agree 100% there.

You both have that opinion because neither of you have played it. :lol: It's pretty shallow to disregard a game because of the way it looks. Minecraft is fucking class, and Kaiz is a creep at it.

Knew straight away Froggy would be on this the second I posted that. :lol: I have played it, I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I hadn't and said that after our discussion the other day in here. It is completely shallow to judge a game on it's looks, I absolutely know it is, but I can't help what goes on in my head when I'm playing it. I found it boring as well, but I'm sure it's different with friends.

Edit: I get my post actually looks like I'm agreeing that I've never played it, I mean't about it looking like shit.

It's just a game to express creativity really, while being under attack from monsters at night. It's like a creative survival adventure game. I could waste so many hours on that game. It's almost impossible to play Minecraft for just an hour or two.