No Man's Sky (PS4/XBOX/PC)

Coco

That's worrying, I've cancelled my pre-order and i'm gonna wait to see how it's recieved

The negatives that are on there are clearly not going to be in the final game. I think it's quite positive.

That's worrying, I've cancelled my pre-order and i'm gonna wait to see how it's recieved

The negatives that are on there are clearly not going to be in the final game. I think it's quite positive.

I'm not taking any chances, I've been burned too many times with pre-orders, I'd rather let some of you lot test it for me before I buy  :lol:

I'v cancelled my pre-order like. I will get it if the longevity is there (which sounds ridiculous for a game of this scale) but I just dont want to blow 50 on a game I have no clue what I'm going in for.

"Next up we're adding the ability to build bases", s*** like that should've been in this from the start

Not that I'm against new features, but what is the point of base building in a vast exploration game? Unless you can warp back to your home planet for a supply replenish.

Where as animal poo seems vital! :)

Guest Open_C

This game looks like they've taken all the most tedious bits of open world games, multiplied them many times over and forgotten to put any of the good bits in.

This is my reading of it also :lol:

This is starting to feel like Destiny, something that could never live up to the hype of being a genre-defining game and ends up not even being a good game as a result of trying to do too much.

I get the impression that user-mods might be something that could save it though.  There's lots of potential there, but I don't think the devs are capable of fulfilling it.

I haven't played this game yet, but I will be buying it. I like the idea of space exploration/combat and planetary survival. It really pisses me off listening to people prattle on about how shit it now looks, despite the fact that it's exactly how the game has appeared to be all along. There was never a deep narrative, engaging dialogue, colourful npcs, multiplayer space battles, etc. If it turns out to be shit, then so be it. But all this internet outcry (and I don't mean specifically the people on here, but rather the internet at large) is just embarrassing.

This is starting to feel like Destiny, something that could never live up to the hype of being a genre-defining game and ends up not even being a good game as a result of trying to do too much.

I get the impression that user-mods might be something that could save it though.  There's lots of potential there, but I don't think the devs are capable of fulfilling it.

Sorry man, but that first paragraph is just wrong. Destiny might not be the game people were expecting, but it's probably the best console shooter available. I agree, it shipped with a lot less content than people were expecting from an MMO-esque game, but it's grown so much since launch.

Obviously, I'm biased, I love Destiny. :lol: