Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Sissoko just doesn't have the vision or passing ability to suit the attacking midfield role, De Jong would be much more effective there. Ideally Ben Arfa would replace Gouffran out wide, but that's not likely to happen unfortunately.

I have no problem with Sissoko on the wing to accommodate De Jong in the middle. Pretty sure he had the highest number of assists and chances created for us last season, he's powerful and can use that to beat his man and is capable of putting in a good cross as he proved last year by setting up a few of our goals. He also has a good engine and will track back which is obviously a necessity for Pardew. I would rather see HBA there like most people but realistically that's clearly not gonna happen.

I'm not so sure with De Jong. Can see it with Cabella but don't think De Jong is the profile of player the top 5-6 would go for.

He's got a good record of playing blinders against them though. He's a top player IMO

I'm not so sure with De Jong. Can see it with Cabella but don't think De Jong is the profile of player the top 5-6 would go for.

He's not on that level from what I've seen but he looks good enough to do a good job in our side.

But why is that at all relevant ?

Because I can see De Jong being here in 2-3 years even if he's doing well, I doubt that'd be the case with Cabella.

He's not on that level from what I've seen but he looks good enough to do a good job in our side.

Only saw him in the 20 minutes or so before he went off injured in New Zealand but you could already see he looked a cut above the rest of our players.

Main worry is that it looks like he might be a bit injury prone.

Meant to put in this thread this morning I had a dream last night that AP left this guy on the bench and went with an unchanged lineup today... I really need to be having better dreams! :lol:

Meant to put in this thread this morning I had a dream last night that AP left this guy on the bench and went with an unchanged lineup today... I really need to be having better dreams! :lol:

The infinite possibilities of the human mind, the unrestricted freedom of a fantasy world free of the constraints of reality and you're not on a yacht with Cheryl Cole, you're looking at Alan Pardew's teamsheet.

Stupid subconscious.