Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

You make it sound like he's Xavi. He's behind Leroy Fer in the Dutch squad. :lol:

1. They are completely different players, he's more competing with Sneijder than anyone else.

2. He's hardly been fit in the last year or so, between his injury now and his illness last year.

Lastly,you don't have to be that good to start in our midfield :lol:

I haven't seen enough of him playing. I'd hope he's better than Fer, who I have seen play and frankly has been pretty awful for Norwich and QPR a lot of the time.  From the little of De Jong I've seen he looks like the type of player we need, so I just hope it translates well into the premier league.  At the moment I wouldn't necessarily upset the balance of the team by starting him, but we all know we get so many injuries that he'll naturally get a chance at some point anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of a problem.  Then we'll see how it goes I guess.

From bits I've seen of him he seems likes a mix of Sigurdsson (similar build, languid style of movement and his technique in striking the ball) crossed with Kevin Nolan's goalpoaching from that sort of advanced midfield position. Slightly less technical than Sigurdsson but more mobile than Nolan maybe.

I wasn't expecting a special footballer but somebody competent technically who can chip in with goals at various ranges.

From bits I've seen of him he seems likes a mix of Sigurdsson (similar build, languid style of movement and his technique in striking the ball) crossed with Kevin Nolan's goalpoaching from that sort of advanced midfield position. Slightly less technical than Sigurdsson but more mobile than Nolan maybe.

I wasn't expecting a special footballer but somebody competent technically who can chip in with goals at various ranges.

Above is pretty much spot on - again, he's quick decision maker, touch and pass or first time balls. He's also a threat in the air and has what I've read brilliant leadership (on field and off) abilities.

Will say I love that he's big on social media and always posting about our results, shows some bit of care on his part.

He's not got the same level of vision Sigurdsson has but his feet are just as good, touch is probably better and has more of a goalscoring instinct in the box.

I think he'll be great foil for Perez. He'll be looking for that early ball a lot when Ayoze is on the shoulder.

Looking forward to him getting games, I just hope it's at the expense of Colback.

Guest ManDoon

He's not got the same level of vision Sigurdsson has but his feet are just as good, touch is probably better and has more of a goalscoring instinct in the box.

I think he'll be great foil for Perez. He'll be looking for that early ball a lot when Ayoze is on the shoulder.

Looking forward to him getting games, I just hope it's at the expense of Colback.

Him and Perez has great potential

Him and Perez has great potential

They linked up brilliantly at Villa, only for De jong to be foiled by Guzan.

I rate him highly - at least from what I've seen of him at Ajax

Me too. And just look at how Anita turned out, albeit he's not in the same bracket or position.

Me too. And just look at how Anita turned out, albeit he's not in the same bracket or position.

Dutch league is a toss up. Some work some don't.

Dutch league is a toss up. Some work some don't.

Not just Dutch league is it, more like transfers in general.

• 2 weeks later...