Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Any update on his progress?

Ready to play in January.

Cheers, mate.  Hadn't seen anything since the reports that he was back in training.  Would be nice to have him with our next fixtures - gunners, spurs, scum, manure, but looks to be too soon.

Abeid.    Sissoko

Cabella.    De Jong.    Perez

Aarons

Cisse

Liking that - shame we couldn't squeeze Aarons in though.

There you go, now stop bitching.

• 2 weeks later...
“I looked at him with adoring eyes (yesterday), because those games with packed defence with him and (Ayoze) Perez in the same team we’ll unlock anyone at any level,” said Pardew.

“So it’s important he returns in good health.

“We’ve still got big hurdles to overcome with him – his first training session with the ball and his first real shot with that thigh – but his progress is good.

“He’s running and feeling good. The surgeon looked at his op results and the signs were very good.

“I think we are looking at the end of January. It has been frustrating.

“Moussa (Sissoko) can play that No.10 role and it’s such an important role in the Premier League.

“It’s massively important. It’s a position that can dictate the game. Cabaye used to do it for us.

Cabaye dictates the game from No.10, Moussa can impact the game. Siem is more like Cabaye and will help us control games.”

:lol:

“I looked at him with adoring eyes (yesterday), because those games with packed defence with him and (Ayoze) Perez in the same team we’ll unlock anyone at any level,” said Pardew.

“We’ve still got big hurdles to overcome with him – his first training session with the ball and his first real shot with that thigh – but his progress is good.

“He’s running and feeling good. The surgeon looked at his op results and the signs were very good.

“Moussa (Sissoko) can play that No.10 role and it’s such an important role in the Premier League.

“It’s massively important. It’s a position that can dictate the game. Cabaye used to do it for us.

Cabaye dictates the game from No.10, Moussa can impact the game. Siem is more like Cabaye and will help us control games.”

Cabaye wasn't even a number 10 for us :lol:

Cabaye wasn't even a number 10 for us :lol:

PLayed #10 while he was here last season and during that run when we moved to 4-2-3-1 just after Cisse came.

Don't think Sissoko suits playing in a 2 man midfield. He needs real freedom. He works best in a genuine midfield 3 with licence to get forward when he wants.

De Jong

Abeid - Sissoko

Abeid holding, Sissoko license to get forward and Siem the new Cabaye/Scapegoat

Cisse

Ameobi      De Jong        Sissoko

Colback          Tiote

More likely

De Jong

Abeid - Sissoko

Abeid holding, Sissoko license to get forward and Siem the new Cabaye/Scapegoat

Cisse

Ameobi      De Jong        Sissoko

Colback          Tiote

More likely

People are in denial man. They'll soon learn.

• 2 weeks later...