give him all the mercy

that you have to give

The news of today

is so sad to say

The manner in which he left

to meet his maker

Rest in peace,

John Alder 'The Undertaker'

Not sure about rebels looting, it was reported on the BBC though that locals were going through the luggage looking for valuables.

Been a bit of a mess today, but have finally managed to get some coherent words out. When I had a ST between 2006 and 2008 I sat next to Liam and his brother Mark in the south west corner. Forever the optimist, every game Liam would bet on a 3-0 win, with Milner scoring the first goal. I remember those goals where he hugged me so hard that I lost my glasses. I remember standing and singing next to him when Shearer broke the club scoring record. I remember him taking me around the rock bars of Newcastle, missing my train back to York and kipping on his sofa. I remember him smuggling me into West Ham away on a kids ticket. Although we'd lost touch over the last few years as my attendance at the match has become more and more sporadic, I'll always remember him, the mad bastard. Thoughts are with his brother and the rest of his family. RIP.

Been a bit of a mess today, but have finally managed to get some coherent words out. When I had a ST between 2006 and 2008 I sat next to Liam and his brother Mark in the south west corner. Forever the optimist, every game Liam would bet on a 3-0 win, with Milner scoring the first goal. I remember those goals where he hugged me so hard that I lost my glasses. I remember standing and singing next to him when Shearer broke the club scoring record. I remember him taking me around the rock bars of Newcastle, missing my train back to York and kipping on his sofa. I remember him smuggling me into West Ham away on a kids ticket. Although we'd lost touch over the last few years as my attendance at the match has become more and more sporadic, I'll always remember him, the mad bastard. Thoughts are with his brother and the rest of his family. RIP.

So sad, even more so when you hear personal memories by people who knew and loved these guys.

Sorry for your loss mate. I've seen his picture and I recognise him slightly from when I used to have a season ticket.

Is it possible to use the excess of the protest find for some flowers?

Surely it's a more meaningful cause.

I agree. I was thinking maybe put it towards something of more use - get a banner (large one) then take it to the City game. Get something on it that can be re-used. That way not only are we paying our respects, we can use it again for big games to generate more atmosphere as they would have wanted.

How much is left btw?

Is it possible to use the excess of the protest find for some flowers?

Surely it's a more meaningful cause.

I agree. I was thinking maybe put it towards something of more use - get a banner (large one) then take it to the City game. Get something on it that can be re-used. That way not only are we paying our respects, we can use it again for big games to generate more atmosphere as they would have wanted.

How much is left btw?

Excellent idea, flowers should certainly come first though, and maybe even money towards the charities their families are hoping to create. I'll put my money I never got round to doing in on Monday.

I will also be heading to St James at some point over the weekend with some flowers and pay tribute. It feels the right thing to do (for me) as I said earlier - I didn't know either but it's knocked the stuffing out of me today. :-(

Is the Sunderland cash total money pledged or actually received? Cause unless my eyes are playing tricks it's over £1000.

If that's accurate I'm damn near lost for words. Absolutely blown away in fact. If the mackems are reading this then thank you all.  O0

Guest GallowgateKev

Hopefully if enough is raised we can pay for their season tickets to remain empty for the season (or a family member to attend in their honour)...