Jon "Cajun" Lockwood (1982 - 2014)

Dave

This morning the forum has some terrible news.

Jon Lockwood aka Cajun, known on N-O and Toontastic since their inception has tragically passed away. He was 31 years old.

Jon came up to Newcastle on the very first organised N-O meet several years ago now and I shared a hotel room with him. We had a great laugh and over the years he developed personal friendships with many people both on and offline. His brand of humour on here was unique and often gained him recognition as the forum's funniest poster.

We do not know the cause of his passing at this very moment so please do not speculate, but it was felt that given the number of people that would want to pay tribute to Jon, this thread should be made in the football forum.

RIP Cajun, you will be missed hugely. :(

--

Anyone wanting to contribute can do so to my Paypal at [email protected]

I'll send flowers tomorrow and then after a week or so I'll send whatever is there to Sir Bobby's Memorial Fund in Jon's name. I asked his mam if she'd rather it went elsewhere but she thinks Sir Bobby's charity is best.

This morning the forum has some terrible news.

Jon Lockwood aka Cajun, known on N-O and Toontastic since their inception has tragically passed away. He was 31 years old.

Jon came up to Newcastle on the very first organised N-O meet several years ago now and I shared a hotel room with him. We had a great laugh and over the years he developed personal friendships with many people both on and offline. His brand of humour on here was unique and often gained him recognition as the forum's funniest poster.

We do not know the cause of his passing at this very moment so please do not speculate, but it was felt that given the number of people that would want to pay tribute to Jon, this thread should be made in the football forum.

RIP Cajun, you will be missed hugely. :(

Feels so very unreal. I never did manage to meet you, and the fact I couldn't sneak in the time to it when I was last in London will haunt me. There's not always a next time. You'll be sorely missed. RIP Jon. A great poster on N-O, and a great person in general.

Echo what Dave said....when I read the tragic news on FB this morning, I couldn't comprehend what I'd read....a young guy with a fantastic manner about him, such a superb sense of humour, and knowledgeable too. This forum will have a huge void now that we won't have Cajun's musings to light up the days.

And despite never actually meeting him, I felt destined to, and I knew that we'd get on famously and have a great time, like I have when I've met other forum ledges.  Cajun had no enemies here, and deservedly figured highly in the good polls at the annual awards.

RIP mate, thanks for the entertainment.

Archived