Jon "Cajun" Lockwood (1982 - 2014)

Dave

Shocked. Never met him, but he's been an integral and excellent part of the forum since the year dot.

Came across as a thoroughly warm and decent human, and was never in short supply of levity or shit jokes (that were actually pretty decent). My deepest sympathies for his nearest and dearest, and those of you knew him.

Bit of disbelief about it at the moment. Fondly remember his summer of defending Demba Ba to the hilt during a slow pre-season and his self-satisfaction/shit jokes after Ba started blitzing the league. It was never in a mean or points-scoring way, of course, which sums Cajun up for me. :thup:

With Jon being 3 years older than me, when I was younger I used to ask the big man for advice on girls etc...

I think I was like 19 or something when we used to have those chats, and they always ended up with him taking the piss, but in the best way possible. That was like 10 years ago.

Last time I saw him was in the Trent after the last game of the season (one before last, maybe?) and he wa giving me tips to bulk my arms up  :'(

Miss you big guy.

Absolutely awful news. Always seemed like a good bloke, and although I've never met him (or anyone from N- O), I genuinely felt like I knew him quite well.

Such a shame. RIP Jon.

:thup: I echo this, honestly don't know what to say.

Taken from us too soon, what a top bloke and I'm hurting thinking how those who are closest to him are doing. Never had the chance to meet him but always wanted to. He's going to be missed. Rest in peace Jon. :-(

Archived