Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Backing Pardew is backing relegation. Ashley must be mad to think it isn't, unless he believes Pardew will walk soon. The other alternative is spend big in Jan to avoid the drop, doesn't sound like us mind.

That's it really - only way we get results is when we get new players in who get off to a flyer. That doesn't even seem to have happened here at all, the opposite really. They all look like they can't handle the pressure from the crowd.

All comes back to the headbutt mind, why not then? That was the time.

Yep, gross misconduct, would have voided any clause I'd have thought. I was surprised about that to be honest and maybe negates what I've been saying :lol:

when was the last time a manager was fired for gross misconduct?  or indeed anyone in the top level of football?

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. If you actually want an answer - I have no idea :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

If he sacks him he could be liable for some sort of legal action we don't know about (something behind the scenes/contractual). I can't see any other reason he'd be keeping the clown other than because it's a complete stand off.

Ashley could gain back a huge amount of popularity if he ditches Pardew plus it might save us from complete self-destruction. There must be something else to it...

How would he face legal action? The bloke woefully inept and deserves it. Agree that Ashley could solve a lot of personal problems by sacking him mind, 3/4 of the match going fans would instantly forget his other failings

Yeah, I'm just trying to think of reasons he wouldn't be sacked. It makes literally no sense.

True. Its stubbornness nowt else imo

Yeah, I'm just trying to think of reasons he wouldn't be sacked. It makes literally no sense.

let's list the options:

he's pardew's mate (not a chance)

he believes managerial stability is the key to success

pardew does what he's told and takes all of the flak for ashley et al

he's being stubborn and won't bow to fan pressure 'cause he hates us

he knows nothing about football and pardew is continually spinning him bullshit excuses and convincing him it'll turn around

any more?

i'd argue there's a likelihood it's a combination of all of the above (exept the first), the main question is at what point all of that gets blown away by the risk to his investment?

If he sacks him he could be liable for some sort of legal action we don't know about (something behind the scenes/contractual). I can't see any other reason he'd be keeping the clown other than because it's a complete stand off.

Ashley could gain back a huge amount of popularity if he ditches Pardew plus it might save us from complete self-destruction. There must be something else to it...

How would he face legal action? The bloke woefully inept and deserves it. Agree that Ashley could solve a lot of personal problems by sacking him mind, 3/4 of the match going fans would instantly forget his other failings

Yeah. I just can't agree with the idea that Ashley is doing it to spite us all. It definitely feels like that but he surely can't be this evil :lol: it's a living hell.

Guest Roger Kint

Yep, gross misconduct, would have voided any clause I'd have thought. I was surprised about that to be honest and maybe negates what I've been saying :lol:

when was the last time a manager was fired for gross misconduct?  or indeed anyone in the top level of football?

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. If you actually want an answer - I have no idea :undecided:

Poyet? I think Oldham or someone like that did last season but as for Premier League i really cant think of one

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah. I just can't agree with the idea that Ashley is doing it to spite us all. It definitely feels like that but he surely can't be this evil :lol: it's a living hell.

Not so much spite but refusal to act because we demand it. I refuse to think he wants Pardew to stay, mans a businessman not a total fucktard :lol:

Some breaking news on the BBC website:

Manager Alan Pardew retains the support of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley despite Saturday's 4-0 loss to Southampton.

The BBC understands Pardew, 53, will remain in charge for Saturday's home game against Hull City.

This is unreal.

Ah yeah it was just a general question to point out it's not really something done within the game really

Poyet? I think Oldham or someone like that did last season but as for Premier League i really cant think of one

George Graham? The bung business.

Some breaking news on the BBC website:

Manager Alan Pardew retains the support of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley despite Saturday's 4-0 loss to Southampton.

The BBC understands Pardew, 53, will remain in charge for Saturday's home game against Hull City.

This is unreal.

Fuck.

Think it's simply Pardew is cheapest manager we will ever get

Why do people say this? It's frustrating. Please stop.

In terms of the managers linked, bruce, moyes etc it's true.

Anyway it's pretty pointless speculating the reason the fat twat is keeping him on, he's had chance after chance to get rid of him