CL teams now in UEFA Cup

Karjala

CSKA and Benfica the major toughies.

Bremen are beatable.

I hope you're taking the piss

Nah... Benfica are certainly the toughest out of them lot. They're a cracking side, and Man Utd only squeezed past them over there. They'd hammer us with 60,000 Portuguese blokes screaming them on. You could say the same sort of thing for the rest of them, but i'd rather have Bremen than Benfica.

CSKA and Benfica the major toughies.

Bremen are beatable.

I hope you're taking the piss

Nah... Benfica are certainly the toughest out of them lot. They're a cracking side, and Man Utd only squeezed past them over there. They'd hammer us with 60,000 Portuguese blokes screaming them on. You could say the same sort of thing for the rest of them, but i'd rather have Bremen than Benfica.

One off result imo. Benfica have struggled behind Porto and Sporting this season and last, think they were 5th(!) not long ago.

Bremen will probably win the Bundesliga this year and they play some great football. Got 10 points from a group with Barca and Chelsea this season which is impressive. Would have deservedly beat Juve and reached the quarters last year if not for a clanger by the goalkeeper... I think they're top notch.

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be praying to avoid them.

Bremen are clearly the best of the bunch, the Russian club's are a bit of a worry as well.  Wouldn't

be fun travelling to Moscow in March-February.  When is the draw, friday??

Their league starts mid-March doesn't it? Wont be well prepared for the next couple of rounds at least.

Bremen will probably win the Bundesliga this year and they play some great football. Got 10 points from a group with Barca and Chelsea this season which is impressive. Would have deservedly beat Juve and reached the quarters last year if not for a clanger by the goalkeeper... I think they're top notch.

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be praying to avoid them.

Agree i have watched Bremen too and I think they will be the favourites for the Uefa Cup this season.

however the Benfica would be a hard task other then that the other Champions League fall outs are very much beatable.

with us getting to the Quarter Final and Semi Final of the Uefa Cup in recent years i would imagine us getting to the Quarters at the very least this season.

Bremen are clearly the best of the bunch, the Russian club's are a bit of a worry as well.  Wouldn't

be fun travelling to Moscow in March-February.  When is the draw, friday??

Their league starts mid-March doesn't it? Wont be well prepared for the next couple of rounds at least.

Yeah, you've got a good point there. 

Guest theunis

Breenen and Benfica prob the hardest, but we have been on a good run in the cup so must say i am looking forward to who ever we have been defying the odds

still think its an absolute farce that Champions League teams knocked out are able to enter the UEFA cup. It undermines the competition even more in my opinion. If a club has been knocked out of one of the european competitions they shouldnt get another chance in a different competition.

still think its an absolute farce that Champions League teams knocked out are able to enter the UEFA cup. It undermines the competition even more in my opinion. If a club has been knocked out of one of the european competitions they shouldnt get another chance in a different competition.

Would you be saying that if we got bounced outta the CL??