did ManU fans ever boo Phil Neville?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Couldn't give a shit.

This is professional football and Babayaro wasn't doing a professional job. He was shit and deserved a tongue-lashing. And the one thing it will do, is probably drive him on, if he's got anything about him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Couldn't give a shit.

This is professional football and Babayaro wasn't doing a professional job. He was shit and deserved a tongue-lashing. And the one thing it will do, is probably drive him on, if he's got anything about him.

would it drive you on?

Like we should be using Man U fans as a benchmark to look up to. :lol:

I wouldn't boo a player whilst at the game personally but I wouldn't suggest that those who pay their money can't voice their opinions however they like.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Like we should be using Man U fans as a benchmark to look up to. :lol:

I wouldn't boo a player whilst at the game personally but I wouldn't suggest that those who pay their money can't voice their opinions however they like.

just like people on here should never have been taking the opinions of ManShitty fans on players?

I half-rate Babayaro (although we should get someone better for £5m rather than rely on £1m full backs), I thought he had a very very bad game today, but he is much much better than this.

Hes basically a talented fooballer with an apallingly blase attitude. Such a shame, because hes got all the ability needed to be a good left back, just none of the desire, commitment and effort.

Needs to be shipped out, hes put in far too many terrible performances like this one, and has had too many chances.

I couldn't give a shit if Man U fans ever booed Phil Neville.

I could give a shit what a Citeh fan thinks of a player they had for a while, one I wasn't studying.

How am I contradicting myself?

Phil Neville is much better than Baba though.

Still wouldn't boo one of our own players individually, collectively maybe at the end of a game or halftime, but not an individual and not during the game.

Couldn't give a shit.

would it drive you on?

Fucking hell yes. They're 'my' supporters and they're not happy... i'd want to make them happy.

Guest Invicta_Toon

looking at these highlights and the players reactions when we score etc, I can't help thinking the team is united, but is dividing it's effort between fighting the opposition and fighting their own 'fans'

re. phil neville being better than baba, quite so. Every team has a weak link, we are not as good as Man U by a mile, ergo our weakest link will be worse than theirs. I just think it highlights a difference in attitude between the fans

anyone who thinks along the lines 'Ive paid my money I'm entitled to boo' is a rank hypocrite. You paid your money knowing exactly who was in the team. You pay your money to go and support that team that is out there. If you don't want to, sell your ticket to someone else

Guest Invicta_Toon

Couldn't give a shit.

would it drive you on?

Fucking hell yes. They're 'my' supporters and they're not happy... i'd want to make them happy.

i'd want to punch you in the face

looking at these highlights and the players reactions when we score etc, I can't help thinking the team is united, but is dividing it's effort between fighting the opposition and fighting their own 'fans'

re. phil neville being better than baba, quite so. Every team has a weak link, we are not as good as Man U by a mile, ergo our weakest link will be worse than theirs. I just think it highlights a difference in attitude between the fans

anyone who thinks along the lines 'Ive paid my money I'm entitled to boo' is a rank hypocrite. You paid your money knowing exactly who was in the team. You pay your money to go and support that team that is out there. If you don't want to, sell your ticket to someone else

Personally I agree with you, but i'm not there so I find it difficult to critisise people who are.

The booing was out of order, just because it was helping no-one at a time when we needed to buckle down (and did tbf).

However, Babayaro's performance tonight was as utterly disgraceful as I've ever seen from a player in black and white and the abuse he was getting (much of it from me) was 100% justified.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The booing was out of order, just because it was helping no-one at a time when we needed to buckle down (and did tbf).

However, Babayaro's performance tonight was as utterly disgraceful as I've ever seen from a player in black and white and the abuse he was getting (much of it from me) was 100% justified.

that's my point

we've two home wins back to back which should be improving morale, but the team will have that booing on their minds

no doubt he's shite, but it's laughable to think Roeder drops players if they get booed

Babayaro was a disgrace tonight, and whilst I didn't boo - I can understand those who did so. Is there nothing more galling to watch a player who is paid thousands of pounds a week, run about a football pitch and not care about the team ? The lad isn't interested - he has no heart or fight and therefore should not be playing. Better to put a youth team LB in there, and then at least you'd get effort for the cause.  :thup: