Anybody figured out why Sibierski's 2nd goal was disallowed?

Guest SeattleToon

Guest SeattleToon

I was watching it on TV, and he was clearly onside. There didn't seem to be any other contact in the area, so I'm trying to figure out why Styles blew the whsitle. Announcers couldn't figure it out either.

I was watching it on TV, and he was clearly onside. There didn't seem to be any other contact in the area, so I'm trying to figure out why Styles blew the whsitle. Announcers couldn't figure it out either.

Karma from Shola's goal against Everton. We're even now.

Karma from Shola's goal against Everton. We're even now.

Karma for Shola's goal was Martins' disallowed one against Pompey.

As Dave says, it was given offside, but not only was he onside, he was actually behind Emre when the ball was played, ripped off big-style!!

So were they for the penalty like, so we can't really complain.

As Dave says, it was given offside, but not only was he onside, he was actually behind Emre when the ball was played, ripped off big-style!!

So were they for the penalty like, so we can't really complain.

exactly, in a way I'm glad it didn't count AND that we still won, kinda makes it fair with regards to the penalty :D

Shocking decision though.

Wasn't offside and linesmans flag never went up.

Watching it again i can't see anything wrong, except earlyish in the move Emre seems to muscle his way through 2 players to get to the ball to play in Sibierski. Tenuous, but it wouldn't surprise me if the referee was just evening up the penalty that was very very dubious.

It was given offside.

Not by the linesman, and i dont see how the ref could call it

I made that post when I thought it was given offside. Only afterwards did it come out about the 'infringement'.

It was given offside.

Not by the linesman, and i dont see how the ref could call it

I made that post when I thought it was given offside. Only afterwards did it come out about the 'infringement'.

Infringement??  What was the official ruling, then?  I'm confused. 

on three occasions the ref blew then looked (glared) at the milburn stand linesman for support.sibierskis disallowed goal and our penalty being two of the occasions.i'm as sure as i can be that the ref disallowed sibs goal for offside but after getting no backing from the linesman has had to come up with ana excuse.

nowt wrong with sibs goal and never a penalty,evens out on this occasion.