Winning from behind.

Optimistic Nut

seems everything good happend to us in the sunderland game :D

shearers last goal,luque last premiership goal,our last 3+ win,our last coming from behind win

Yeah, and the fact that we beat the Mackems. That was one of the high points of the game...

Not long ago we were the 'comeback kings'.

3 games stick in my mind:

2-0 to 3-2 at Fulham - Robert and Shearer (2)

2-0 to 3-2 at Derby - Robert, Dyer and Lua Lua

1-0 to 3-1 at Arsenal - O'Brien, Shearer pen, Robert

Pattern emerging with Robert?

My point is we no longer have a player who can change a game like that *clicks fingers*. Robert used to have his critics but I thought he was a great player more often than not.

Hopefully Dyer may be the answer but i'm not sure. I think the team also misses a Robert type player, to add to the whole new defence and strikeforce. And should be addressed in the summer after we have strengthened the defence. Someone like Morten Gamst Pedersen perhaps?  :winking:

Guest Invicta_Toon

My point is we no longer have a player who can change a game like that *clicks fingers*. Robert used to have his critics but I thought he was a great player more often than not.

Hopefully Dyer may be the answer but i'm not sure. I think the team also misses a Robert type player, to add to the whole new defence and strikeforce. And should be addressed in the summer after we have strengthened the defence. Someone like Morten Gamst Pedersen perhaps?  :winking:

cue the soccer master...

Guest magpies_rawk

3-1 at leeds to 3-4 was the best

ya that was classic. took us to the top over xmas. followed by the crazy victory at highbury. nuts!!!

cue the soccer master...

hey,i never said luque is better then robert :D

i said we have a player who at least is a half-robert..

robert was lazy but he when given a chance he always produced the goods

i think luque can do the same (or 50% of it) ,if he is given a chance

Guest TampaToon

i think that's one of the reasons we locked up duff despite being deep at left midfield - we need more game-changing players...he hasn't flashed that trait yet, but i remain optimistic.  just seems like there's alot of sleeping giants on this team - i'd be quite happy if it weren't always the same guy getting us back into games, and we just had different players step up every week...that's the sign of a truly strong team