Babayaro

stozo

Ramage may not be great going forward and may not look comfortable but he looks a LOT better at LB than Babayaro did tonight. He was fucking woeful, one of if not the worst individual defensive performance I've seen this season.

Babayaro can't defend and never has been able to.

Ramage would be my first choice left-back purely on the basis that he can defend, despite not being able to go forward. That doesn't matter when we've got Dyer, Martins, Zoggy, etc all playing well though.

Babayaro's a liability and always has been.

Ramage may not be great going forward and may not look comfortable but he looks a LOT better at LB than Babayaro did tonight. He was f***ing woeful, one of if not the worst individual defensive performance I've seen this season.

This is not a new thing, mate.  He's been gash since he got here. 

Ramage may not be great going forward and may not look comfortable but he looks a LOT better at LB than Babayaro did tonight. He was f***ing woeful, one of if not the worst individual defensive performance I've seen this season.

First game back, Babayaro is a far better LB than Ramage.

One of the worst NUFC performances I've seen for a long time.

Roeder: "Since I took over in February Celestine Babayaro's performances have been very good. In fact, I would go as far as to say that he has probably been our most consistent player in this time."

Christ.

Ramage would be my first choice left-back purely on the basis that he can defend, despite not being able to go forward. That doesn't matter when we've got Dyer, Martins, Zoggy, etc all playing well though.

Ramage can't defend at LB, he hasn't got a clue. He's totally shit at LB.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anal today reported him to be on £60,000 a week, you couldnt make it up.

Carr and Babayaro are the worst 2 fullbacks in the premiership, fact!

Roeder: "Since I took over in February Celestine Babayaro's performances have been very good. In fact, I would go as far as to say that he has probably been our most consistent player in this time."

Christ.

To be fair to Roeder he's not exactly gonna to say Babayaro is shit. Probably said that to try and lift the lads confidence, obviously didn't work like.

That is rubbish. Over a run of 5-6 games, Babayaro is much better than Ramage. Ramage was in his favoured position tonight and I saw him win very few headers or blocks.

First game back, Babayaro is a far better LB than Ramage.

Where's the smiley wink? You're having us on, right?? 

Guest eyeball_tickler

i agree but the booing against him was disgraceful imo

Get him out of the club..he's shit..i agree about that..

he was really shit but i agree about the booing. do it at the end if needs be but not during the match.

Ramage is not a LB but I still think he does a better job defending. Ramage does make mistakes but he knows the basics of defending and you rarely see his mistakes lead to a goal.

Christ.

To be fair to Roeder he's not exactly gonna to say Babayaro is shit. Probably said that to try and lift the lads confidence, obviously didn't work like.

No, there's a difference between building a player's confidence and spouting utter, utter shit. That's twice he's done it now - once about Carr, who then cost us the Bolton game later that day, and now Babayaro who proceeds to put in that performance.

Best thing for Glenn to do is shut his fucking mouth. Talk up the players who deserve it, not the ones who everyone knows have been utter shite, because that just makes him look like a moron.

That is rubbish. Over a run of 5-6 games, Babayaro is much better than Ramage. Ramage was in his favoured position tonight and I saw him win very few headers or blocks.

Babayaro is a joke. People here bash the hell out of Carr but in my opinion Babayaro is far worse than Carr. You pay attention to Babayaro and just watch how many mistakles he makes.

Ramage is not a LB but I still think he does a better job defending. Ramage does make mistakes but he knows the basics of defending and you rarely see his mistakes lead to a goal.

what about when he fell over against Fulham at home? fell over cos Routledge is quick and ramage has no balance or agility. or the back-pass at old trafford last season. he's truly awful at full-back man. Babayaro for his mistake today is far better, going forward and in defence, and i don't even rate him.

In all my time reading this board I don't think I've ever seen such a consensus as I do today - Toon fans united in their condemnation of booing Babayaro...

Why?

I know the whole "Get behind your team" and "Won't make him play better" arguments, but as far as I'm concerned it sends a pretty fucking clear message to the player - and the manager. That message is something like "You're a disgrace to the shirt - put in or fuck off"

I also know that some might say it might have a counter-productive effect - well frankly I have two responses to that: Firstly, he's been accused of being a chickenhearted, workshy slacker anyway, so it seems clear he doesn't really care what we think, and secondly if it does make him worse then maybe it will force Roeder's hand.

I'm not saying it was right to boo him, just that I totally understand. But more than anything the unanimous condemnation of it here has surprised me...

EDIT: I just found the Phil Neville thread - maybe it's not so unanimous :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Well you either accept that the manager doesn't pick shite players because he wants to, or he doesn't think he's shite

either way, booing would not change either situation